GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How do you know if you have TPMS?

Audiopulse

Gotta Jibboo
Car(s)
GTI
As title states, how do I know if I have TPMS or not? I just bought a set of Miro 111's and want to know if I need to install the sensors or not. I have a 2007 model and I don't have the tire pressure button next to the traction control button... does this mean I don't have it?

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
Your valve stem will look like this

Audiopulse

Gotta Jibboo
Car(s)
GTI
Thanks for the quick response. So where can I buy these for my new wheels? I didn't think simply changing the wheels would be come so much of a pita and expensive. What if I don't install the sensors would I get any lights on the dash?

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the quick response. So where can I buy these for my new wheels? I didn't think simply changing the wheels would be come so much of a pita and expensive. What if I don't install the sensors would I get any lights on the dash?

The sensors can be reused.

You can turn the lights off via vagcom if you decide not to use them

Audiopulse

Gotta Jibboo
Car(s)
GTI
Well I don't want to swap out the sensors because I plan on using the stock set in the winter. The price of new sensors is about the same as buying a vagcom so maybe I'll get a vagcom instead. Thanks for the help! :)

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
You could either live with the light on the dash, OR just find someone else with VagCom and have them turn off TPM system....takes a couple clicks to do it.

Buy them a 6 pack of beer & that saves you $200 (what they typically go for used)

Having VagCom isn't a bad thing though (if you have lots of issues with your car)

penance

Fakinsupa
Car(s)
GTI
Sensors are pricey and break sometimes. I bought the tpms button, wired it into the existing traction button and the ran a single wire into the harness next to the turbo. enable feature with vagcom. $30 option