GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How Do You Eat Corn On The Cobb

How Do You Eat Corn On The Cobb?

• Typewriter Style: Start on one end, eat a row and then rotate.

Votes: 29 69.0%
  • Round and Round: Start on one end, eat a circle, then move down and repeat.

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Other: I don't even know.

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
This thread is mighty wholesome. A lot like corn on the cob.

No Californians wanna jump in with street corn recipes? GRILL YA CORN, apply butter, mayo, cotija cheese or parm cheese to coat, a little chili powder on that, and eat it like a typewriter...

This is the most Californian way to eat corn possible lol. I've never heard of mayo or cheese on corn. I'd try it tho

Last edited:

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
mmm Jack Stack cheesy corn

Tjbell

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE DSG
The long way.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
My kids randomly take bites out of corn on the cob. Drives me crazy. Round-and-Round or end to end, pick one. Kids these days :rolleyes:

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
This is the most Californian way to eat corn possible lol. I've never heard of mayo or cheese on corn. I'd try it tho
He's describing elotes and esquites (Mexican grilled corn), and they're definitely popular here in Southern California. Heck, there's a famous stand in LA called the Corn Man, where people line up late at night in a parking lot as if they're at Disneyland.
https://yelp.to/qTKq/hz7P1e6CbZ

I asked my coworker how he eats corn on the cob. I said I typically have them steamed or boiled, buttered, and eaten typewriter style.... he eats his circumcision style LOL

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
That's it! Grill your corn y'all. You'll thank me later.

Soaked in water, (husk on) wrapped in foil, then thrown in an open fire is pretty damn good.

Sure a regular grille will work, but the fun factor of doing it full blown camp style adds something aside from the extra Smokey flavor.

But 99% of the time it’s boiled, husk off, then rolled on a room temp stick of butter and either Cajun seasoned, ol bay, or if I’m feeling original good old salt n pepper.

Type written style for the win. Even my five year old knows that. Our daughter (20 months old) is the exception with the cut off the cob, but she’ll learn the correct way next summer