GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How can I get more Performance

N44uno

Hey guys

I’m new to this just wanted to know how and what things could I do to reach the 380bhp mark my car is stock at the moment.. looking to spend big money on it but need some help and ideas on what to do thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Hey guys

I’m new to this just wanted to know how and what things could I do to reach the 380bhp mark my car is stock at the moment.. looking to spend big money on it but need some help and ideas on what to do thanks guys

Are you going to rebuild the motor? If not, how many miles on it.

On a stock BPY motor best deal for power is going with a K04 turbo kit and an aggressive tune. It isn't cheap to get to that level. Not sure what prices are there but I assume you pay just as much or maybe a bit more.

US prices

2000.00 K04 Turbo Kit
800.00 Tune
700.00 fuel pump
500.00 fuel injectors
200.00 rs4 fprv
1000.00 upgraded intercooler
350.00 high flow intake
150.00 3Bar MAP
450.00 high flow Turbo exit pipes
1000.00 3in Turboback exhaust

So by the time you buy all the other little parts that need replacing like coils, plugs, LPFP controller, fuel filter, diverter valve, cam follower it becomes about and 8,000 dollar project to reach that power level if you are doing the work yourself. If you are paying a mechanic it is probably more like a 10,000 dollar project. Doing all of this does transform the car into a very fast hatch.

The problem with doing this is you quickly realize the power is out of balance with the suspension and the brakes..... and so on. I did all of this stuff and drove the car for the last 4+ years on street and track it was awesome. I took the car apart last year to have it all refreshed so the part about expenses area very fresh.

Have fun lots of folks, including myself have posted detailed information about our builds and what stuff works or doesn't. Welcome to the forum.

The best bang for the buck on these cars is just to put a tune on them for about 600 dollars. Power levels above that become exponentially expensive.

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
Hey guys

Gigantic turbo upgrade

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
UK cost is less...GBP>USD. Have you looked into R-Tech; http://r-techperformance.co.uk/axx-bwa-tfsi-k04-turbo-conversion/
AwesomeGTI has APR K04's...not sure if they carry oem bits. Owens Development has some...they do hybrid jobs on oem K04's to gain more than a standard K04; https://www.owendevelopments.co.uk/article/121/vagk04upgrade/

380 BHP there is like 330 to 350 HP at the crank here in the states...or 290 to 310 Wheel-HP. UK rolling road results for BHP always seem to run high.

I suggest, if not willing to try used bits off of an ED30, find a new oem k04 for the Ed30, S3, or MK6 Golf R. Find S3 or RS4 injectors. You'll need to use a performance drop-in filter...or better, an intake. Add a down-pipe...full exhaust if you choose. Larger FMIC may not be needed due to average ambient temps there, but would help. If you do the larger FMIC...add larger boost plumbing. Then...Go get tuned...this should put you in the "mid-to-high 12s" to "low 13s" 1/4m et. You may get a good consensus and tuner referral here(@ link) if not already done so; http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=3.0

Last edited: