GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How are the EQT OTS / base Accessport tunes?

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
Quick update- Since I didn't check the box for the COBB TC when I ordered, it wasn't loaded on my AP. But a quick email to EQT solved that problem! Sent me an updated file with the TC, no problems, no questions asked. Great customer service! Thanks very much Patrick at the EQT team!

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Cobb TC is free as part of the AP, you should be able to access it still, when you turn the car on, go to “tune” then adjustments.

It’s VERY good traction control especially compared to the boost cutting bog monster that’s the stock TC, Cobb pulls timing to control wheel spin so it’s very linear feeling.

Do you by any chance have a link to the posts discussing good settings for the Cobb TC?

timbdotus

Flashed the OTS Stage 2 93 map and the car absolutely rips even at partial throttle. I had no clue the stock turbo could spool this damned quick! What a night and day difference from piggyback stuff, it really surprises you to hear the turbo spin to boost right away with the lightest dab of throttle. I also love the upgrade in boost in low gears where VW neuters the throttle stock.

My AP got in this afternoon, pre-loaded with the EQT Stage 1 93 map and this was basically my exact same experience.

1) Holy crap, how is the turbo spooling so quick?!
2) I’m in 3rd at about 30 MPH, I give it maybe 3/4 throttle and the wheels start chirping, TC is cutting in and I’m now at 60!
3) This is how I always wanted the car to feel. It’s so responsive, even in low gear.

My only complaint is they didn’t include any EQT stickers or decals in my package, so I’m losing out on at least an additional 5 HP. 😢

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
My AP got in this afternoon, pre-loaded with the EQT Stage 1 93 map and this was basically my exact same experience.

1) Holy crap, how is the turbo spooling so quick?!
2) I’m in 3rd at about 30 MPH, I give it maybe 3/4 throttle and the wheels start chirping, TC is cutting in and I’m now at 60!
3) This is how I always wanted the car to feel. It’s so responsive, even in low gear.

My only complaint is they didn’t include any EQT stickers or decals in my package, so I’m losing out on at least an additional 5 HP. 😢
Bring on the EQT sticker/decals! Sorry, I was thinking the same thing when I got mine. Lol

Luva

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
I just unleashed a monster today. To heck with a good portion of my powertrain warranty - I am now running an EQT stage 1 91 map. I did two pulls on a local Mustang Dyno prior to the flash for a good baseline. Then, I hooked up the AccessPort, flashed and did two more pulls. The best of each run showed a delta (a.k.a. increase) of roughly 70 HP and 90 ft-lb. above stock.

The dyno numbers, performance gain and street livability have all exceeded my expectation. I would definitely agree with those who have characterized the EQT OTS stage 1 as "waking" up the engine. I feel this is a great tune for those wanting to retain the linear stock feel, but add much more urgency and excitement when squeezing the throttle. I don't have a dragy, but I would guess this stage 1 is at least good for a half second lower 1/4 mile time, all else held equal.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I just unleashed a monster today. To heck with a good portion of my powertrain warranty - I am now running an EQT stage 1 91 map. I did two pulls on a local Mustang Dyno prior to the flash for a good baseline. Then, I hooked up the AccessPort, flashed and did two more pulls. The best of each run showed a delta (a.k.a. increase) of roughly 70 HP and 90 ft-lb. above stock.

The dyno numbers, performance gain and street livability have all exceeded my expectation. I would definitely agree with those who have characterized the EQT OTS stage 1 as "waking" up the engine. I feel this is a great tune for those wanting to retain the linear stock feel, but add much more urgency and excitement when squeezing the throttle. I don't have a dragy, but I would guess this stage 1 is at least good for a half second lower 1/4 mile time, all else held equal.
Congrats. In a few weeks when you get bored get the EQT turbo and really wake it up. 😂

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The thing that surprised my about the EQT stg 1 tune wasn't the spool, I was expecting that, but how much better it is in the upper rpm band. Even compared to the Cobb stg 1 tune. It pulls much harder to redline.

Luva

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Congrats. In a few weeks when you get bored get the EQT turbo and really wake it up. 😂

Right, more like waking up a fire breathing dragon with the EQT turbo. As tempting as a big turbo sounds, not sure a BT is the best path for a guy who needs to daily drive his new GTI for the next decade. But, sounds like you are enjoying the EQT turbo.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Right, more like waking up a fire breathing dragon with the EQT turbo. As tempting as a big turbo sounds, not sure a BT is the best path for a guy who needs to daily drive his new GTI for the next decade. But, sounds like you are enjoying the EQT turbo.
I don’t actually have the EQT turbo. I have the TPC20 turbo which produces 416 HP and 428 torque in my car which is a daily driver with 112,000 miles and going up a 1000 miles per week.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Do you by any chance have a link to the posts discussing good settings for the Cobb TC?
Sorry just seen this... no I don’t - from what I’ve seen on friends stage 2 EQT it’s set by eqt to the slot 3 for the traction slip screen.

before I had such excessive -camber 3 was the best slot for me to feel fast and not overly nannied, now with the camber and colder weather slot 5 and 6 feel the best cause 3pulls timing on logs up to -15 degrees, and you can feel the lack of power .

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Sorry just seen this... no I don’t - from what I’ve seen on friends stage 2 EQT it’s set by eqt to the slot 3 for the traction slip screen.

before I had such excessive -camber 3 was the best slot for me to feel fast and not overly nannied, now with the camber and colder weather slot 5 and 6 feel the best cause 3pulls timing on logs up to -15 degrees, and you can feel the lack of power .
I set mine to 9 every day, I'll the time

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I don’t use Fakebook so I don’t have access to their discussion boards. Are they still recommending RS7 plugs or are Rutheniums and stock still ok?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I don’t use Fakebook so I don’t have access to their discussion boards. Are they still recommending RS7 plugs or are Rutheniums and stock still ok?
EQT usually recommends the NGK racing plugs but they aren't necessary. Either of the ones you said are fine. The RS7 are 1 step colder and the Ruthenium are stock heat range.