GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Honda Recall

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Yeah I had a Honda Fit and there was a thread about it on the forum. The rubber ring that is some sort of damper would hold salt and moisture and cause the driveshaft to fail.

From the Fit forum.

1608192444892.png

1608192458819.png

1608192486545.png

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Rust never sleeps gang. I am surprised to see broken half shafts. Must be that high torque Fit engine. ;)

I had a rust recall on my 2000 Forester. Lover control arms were rusting out. Mine weren't rusty, but Subaru coated them with some nasty tar like goop.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Just finished getting an airbag igniter repaced on my purchased new by me 1997 2 door Civic HX which has 421,000 miles. It is my dog and forest roads going up in the mountains car and runs like new. I did do a engine swap at 305K miles as I found a used HX engine reasonable and got tired of looking at it in the garage and had a three day weekend to do swap. This summer I split the transmission to repace pinion bearing and all new seals. No rust, but that is Washington State for ya. No GTI, but still fun for what it is.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Rust never sleeps gang. I am surprised to see broken half shafts. Must be that high torque Fit engine. ;)

I had a rust recall on my 2000 Forester. Lover control arms were rusting out. Mine weren't rusty, but Subaru coated them with some nasty tar like goop.
This has been happening for years. Older accords did this alot too