GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Honda Civic R

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
I would be a bit embarrassed to get out of that thing at a client.
The people who REALLY like this thing, won't be able to either afford it or be able to actually drive for that matter. Hideous!

I'll take my GTI any day of the week.

Mbarton36

Ready to race!
I would be a bit embarrassed to get out of that thing at a client.

The people who REALLY like this thing, won't be able to either afford it or be able to actually drive for that matter. Hideous!

I'll take my GTI any day of the week.

Agree 100%. I wouldn't feel very professional pulling up to a client or customers office in that Civic R; it just screams tuner car or midlife crisis (depending on the owners age) im sure it's a blast to drive BUT I love how the GTI can cover the professional side and performance side equally well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
Remember the CTR is right behind the "cheater" CSS at the Ring. The CTR probably has 300+ at the wheels, and can probably beat most GTIs and Probably Golf Rs in a roll . Performance wise this thing is official, but I also would be ashamed to open the door. I'm already borderline (probably over the line into I'm too old to do that) with my GTI that has an exhaust, DP, tint, and soon a suspension and wheels. This thing is at another level.

As a track car, it may be awesome, and Hondas usually have excellent drivetrains, and their shifter is usually one of the best in the biz, so you may not like how it looks, but it sure will catch a lot of people by surprise, but I'll still take my GTI

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
Remember the CTR is right behind the "cheater" CSS at the Ring. The CTR probably has 300+ at the wheels, and can probably beat most GTIs and Probably Golf Rs in a roll . Performance wise this thing is official, but I also would be ashamed to open the door. I'm already borderline (probably over the line into I'm too old to do that) with my GTI that has an exhaust, DP, tint, and soon a suspension and wheels. This thing is at another level.

As a track car, it may be awesome, and Hondas usually have excellent drivetrains, and their shifter is usually one of the best in the biz, so you may not like how it looks, but it sure will catch a lot of people by surprise, but I'll still take my GTI

Agreed. This is one reason the styling torques me, too. The best shifter I ever drove was in my Acura GS-R. I have loved the general idea of a very fast small Honda ever since the old CR-X and some of the earlier Si models. But this thing...oy vey. Truth be told, I'd love to take a spin in one though. With a disguise on.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Buncha fuddy duddy, nay sayers on the defensive.

Cruiser

Ready to race!

LOL, I've had hondas, but that's funny none the less.
Of course, mine were nothing like that!
Civic si, and rsx type s twice. Yeah, they are outdated now, but in 2000-2003 they were really somthin for n/a

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
LOL, I've had hondas, but that's funny none the less.
Of course, mine were nothing like that!
Civic si, and rsx type s twice. Yeah, they are outdated now, but in 2000-2003 they were really somthin for n/a

I owned a 98 Accord LX and a 00 Civic EX sedan, both sticks, and enjoyed both of them for the appliances that they were. Modding them for performance would have been a laughable endeavor.

My favorite Honda ever, though, was my first dirtbike, a CR80R Elsinore (~1980 vintage). God I loved that thing.

I also had a mid-80s Honda pushmower (back when they were only sold at Honda motorcycle dealers) that I mowed an acre with weekly as a teenager. That thing refused to die and started up on the first pull every spring. Bulletproof.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Perfect response! Just checkin blood pressure is all :p

No problem.
Only issue is as you age blood pressure tends to go up so us Fuddy Duddy's are actually more wound up.

The Honda R is likely a fun car to drive and if I raced would want it just for looks to cut 5 seconds on lap time. FYI I drove an 85' CRX and 88 CRX Si as hot as they were at the time.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I owned a 98 Accord LX and a 00 Civic EX sedan, both sticks, and enjoyed both of them for the appliances that they were. Modding them for performance would have been a laughable endeavor.

My favorite Honda ever, though, was my first dirtbike, a CR80R Elsinore (~1980 vintage). God I loved that thing.

I also had a mid-80s Honda pushmower (back when they were only sold at Honda motorcycle dealers) that I mowed an acre with weekly as a teenager. That thing refused to die and started up on the first pull every spring. Bulletproof.

You had a Honda push mower?
So cool!

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
You had a Honda push mower?
So cool!

I had some bargaining power, as my parents' personal servant. I wanted solid equipment for my slave laboring, and they were receptive to my cry.

By the way, as soon as I left for college, my dad bought a riding mower, the sadistic sumbish!

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I had some bargaining power, as my parents' personal servant. I wanted solid equipment for my slave laboring, and they were receptive to my cry.

By the way, as soon as I left for college, my dad bought a riding mower, the sadistic sumbish!

I worked for Cool Hand Luke Warden and he picked our tools of labor and we thanked him for it. My younger brother is 7 years junior, so his parole was much later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro