GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HK GTIs

ekk20

Go Kart Champion
^ you're the first CBC i know that actually likes hong kong.

VinVin

Ready to race!
^ you're the first CBC i know that actually likes hong kong.

hahaha thats probably because I was brought up to be fob and not cbc :p by the way, I absolutely love your sig! Genius!

ekk20

Go Kart Champion
none of my cbc friends considered going back to hk after university, i'm only going back until i can know i will have a stable job with good income or else i'm not going back. i dont wanna start all over in hk, it's more like transferring everything I've earned in Toronto back to HK. Oh well I'm becoming a Pilot so whatever, I'll just transfer base after a few years of experience.

VinVin

Ready to race!
none of my cbc friends considered going back to hk after university, i'm only going back until i can know i will have a stable job with good income or else i'm not going back. i dont wanna start all over in hk, it's more like transferring everything I've earned in Toronto back to HK. Oh well I'm becoming a Pilot so whatever, I'll just transfer base after a few years of experience.

haha I'm working to become a English "nat-teacher" in HK. Pay is good and benefits are good. Since I was born and raised in Canada and went through Canada's education system its all good hahha

mawti

From the Lane
Car(s)
2007 CW GTI
It's funny that you guys should be discussing this, but I'm about to do just that. I am working (soon to be worked) for a brokerage firm here in Toronto, but have resigned in order to search for work in Hong Kong--tomorrow is actually my last day.

ekk20, I was thinking the exact same thing you were--to first secure a good job before making the move. That was the reason I took 2 weeks "vacation" to HK last month. But really, it was to go to some interviews. When I go back, I still need to go back for some first/second interviews--meaning nothing confirmed just yet. But with the amount of jobs in Financial Services available in HK, i'm not too concerned.

As for giving up my GTI to my brother, I am VERY CONCERNED :frown:

GC3663

Ready to race!
Any HK'ers down under other than funkychilli...hahah

ekk20

Go Kart Champion
It's funny that you guys should be discussing this, but I'm about to do just that. I am working (soon to be worked) for a brokerage firm here in Toronto, but have resigned in order to search for work in Hong Kong--tomorrow is actually my last day.

ekk20, I was thinking the exact same thing you were--to first secure a good job before making the move. That was the reason I took 2 weeks "vacation" to HK last month. But really, it was to go to some interviews. When I go back, I still need to go back for some first/second interviews--meaning nothing confirmed just yet. But with the amount of jobs in Financial Services available in HK, i'm not too concerned.

well it also depends on how "big" your company is, if it's international, then a transfer will be a lot easier. eg, working for an airline.

good luck with your job search buddy!

anl240

:)
Car(s)
2006 Jetta 2.0T FSI
I'm from hk! are there no 2.0T FSI jettas in hk? I've seen 5 at most since i got my car in 2006.

BIU

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Hey all... long time lurker on this board since i started having interest for the MKV ....

Just moved back to HK for good from Vancouver... dont have plans to get a car in the too distant future.... housing is first priority...but 6mnths to a year is definately a possible time frame for getting a car...

Been researching ALOT on the MKV R32s.... absolutely in love... any HK .:R owners want to share their insights?... used market? maintenance? etc..

Parts4Euro.com

Ready to race!
I think you'll find THIS SITE very useful, it is the biggest VAG car club in HK.

Hey all... long time lurker on this board since i started having interest for the MKV ....

Just moved back to HK for good from Vancouver... dont have plans to get a car in the too distant future.... housing is first priority...but 6mnths to a year is definately a possible time frame for getting a car...

Been researching ALOT on the MKV R32s.... absolutely in love... any HK .:R owners want to share their insights?... used market? maintenance? etc..

BIU

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Thanks for the headsup Felix, very informative site.

So which shops in HK do the VWers go for mods?

GC3663

Ready to race!

hahah im in that situation...but on the receiving end of it....:thumbup:

dont think my brothers too worried with me taking care of the car since i :wub: it hahahaha:bellyroll:

stephenmkv

Ready to race!
hey brothers, I am from HK too