GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hit a rabbit. Bumper parts help.

The_Essbee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
16 GTI Reflex Silver
2016 gti. Hit a rabbit and cracked the lower portion of the bumper cover and broke the inner black trim. I'm thinking this is the black replacement piece. https://www.vwkennesawparts.com/p/V...ck-20L-AT/Spoiler/51744009/5GM805915A9B9.html . Thinking I'll bondo the crack from the inside and replace the black piece. Thankfully the clip didn't break. Hoping the crack won't be too noticable after I'm done
IMG_20200929_135826104_HDR.jpg

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Hate to tell you but I think that the black honeycomb and the piece that is broken in your picture are one piece. I just replaced this inner black honeycomb grill on my 17 GTI Sport and it was all one piece. Need to go to your dealer and give them your VIN number to besure. Paid about $113 for the grill. My part number was 5GM-853-677-D-9B9.

The_Essbee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
16 GTI Reflex Silver
Hate to tell you but I think that the black honeycomb and the piece that is broken in your picture are one piece. I just replaced this inner black honeycomb grill on my 17 GTI Sport and it was all one piece. Need to go to your dealer and give them your VIN number to besure. Paid about $113 for the grill. My part number was 5GM-853-677-D-9B9.
#15 is the black piece. Its both that big middle grille and that very small lower broken grille
Thanks for the info. Closest dealer is 1.5hr away so ya'll are a big help.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Don't feel bad man, I hit a possum and basically turned it into a hockey puck about a year ago. I need the same part, just haven't done it yet.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Quick and stupid. It's like the thing wanted to get hit. Pissed me off so much I wanted to turn around and roll over it a few times.
Had this happen with a groundhog once while I was pullling out of the pizza shop I worked at while I was leaving for a delivery. I slowed down and swerved to avoid, and he walked in front of my left tire. So I swerved right. He walked right with the car and stuck with the tire, So I stopped and went left, he followed. I waited for a few seconds and then went right and started to accelerate and he followed right in the path of the tire so I finally just said fuck it and hit the gas, trying to avoid him on the left. He followed. All of this was under 5 mph as I pulled out of a parking lot. I got him with both drivers side tires but somehow when I got back to the pizza shop he was gone...

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Had this happen with a groundhog once while I was pullling out of the pizza shop I worked at while I was leaving for a delivery. I slowed down and swerved to avoid, and he walked in front of my left tire. So I swerved right. He walked right with the car and stuck with the tire, So I stopped and went left, he followed. I waited for a few seconds and then went right and started to accelerate and he followed right in the path of the tire so I finally just said fuck it and hit the gas, trying to avoid him on the left. He followed. All of this was under 5 mph as I pulled out of a parking lot. I got him with both drivers side tires but somehow when I got back to the pizza shop he was gone...

Darn since he was flattened you could have added him as a topping on your pizza.