GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hilary or Trump (and why?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
come on man, don't perpetuate racism further by lumping all white dudes into the same category. I've about had it this week with people calling me racist because I was born white. I've never been accused of such things before this week, and this week it's happened numerous times. WTF. Am I allowed to be upset by this or naw?

That's not right either. I was never the type that would view white people as the "blue-eyed devil" anyways. Besides, majority of my friends are white and I don't want to live anywhere where my kind are the majority. I like diversity personally. My problem is illustrated with this graphic here:

It's the false equivalence that irks me.

Even on my own feed I've been seeing people who post their experiences of xenophobia after Trump won, only to have people downplay their experience and claim that "both sides are the same".

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
"Both sides are definitely the same"

A University of Oklahoma student has been temporarily suspended on suspicion of sending racist messages, including threats of lynchings, to black freshman at the University of Pennsylvania, the two universities said on Saturday.

The messages were sent to more than 150 students at the University of Pennsylvania, Trump's alma mater, and included racial slurs and pictures of Africa-Americans being hanged, students told local media.

"This is absolutely vile material and completely offensive to everyone on our campus," University of Pennsylvania President Amy Gutmann said in a statement. "This is simply deplorable."

University of Oklahoma President David Boren notified Gutmann that his school had identified a suspect, who has not been named.

"The university has already determined from its preliminary inquiry that there's a basis for a temporary suspension of the student under our student code while we continue to gather all of the facts," Boren said in a statement.

The messages, including some sent from a source called "Trump's Disciples," came as civil rights groups said racial and religious minorities have been targeted nationwide after the election of Donald Trump as president.

They have said his divisive campaign rhetoric emboldened a few supporters to spread racist messages, although Trump has called for unity since his election and denounced white supremacist groups that have backed him.

Since his election this week, thousands have gathered at protests in several major U.S. cities to rally against the president-elect, who they say will threaten civil and human rights.

ALSO IN U.S.

Clinton blames FBI's Comey for her defeat in call with donors
Thousands march in U.S. cities against Trump presidency

Trump supporters have also taken to social media to say they have been targeted and assaulted by supporters of Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
finally we can make America great again. Majority house and senate and soon to be Supreme Court when that old hag Ginsberg kicks the bucket

So when are you going to visit Sweden?

Swedish Nazi group hails Trump in largest demo yet

Published: 12 Nov 2016 15:21 GMT+01:00

Sweden’s neo-Nazi Nordic Resistance Movement mounted the biggest march in its history on Saturday, with its leadership saying the election of Donald Trump in the US marked the start of a world revolution.

Police in Stockholm seized five neo-Nazis and detained 20, as an estimated 600 far-right demonstrators marched from the central Kungsträdgården park to Mynttorget, the square where Sweden’s parliament is based in historic Gamla Stan.

“A number of people have been held. They were aggressive at one of our barriers,” Kjell Lindgren, a press spokesman for the Stockholm police said of those arrested.

He said that police had registered two cases of violent rioting, which carries a maximum four-year sentence.

According to a reporter from the anti-Nazi Expo magazine, Per Öberg, the Nazi group’s press chief, told the gathered crowd that Donald Trump’s election was a sign that a world revolution was beginning.

Also speaking was Vera Oredsson, a lifelong Nazi who was a member of the Hitler youth as a child growing up in Nazi Germany, and Fredrik Vejdeland, the group’s head of strategy.

According to Expo, Vejdeland expressed his support for a proposal to break up Bonnier, the media empire which owns the Dagens Nyheter, Expressen, Sydsvenskan and Dagens Industri newspapers, and the the TV4 television network.

Bonnier is controlled by the Bonniers, one of Sweden’s richest Jewish families.

According to Expo, when Vejdeland began talking the crowd began to chant “Hang them, hang them”.

The Swedish police said counter protestors pelted the neo-Nazis with snowballs and other objects, but no one appeared to have been hurt.

“A lot of loose objects, including snow, ice, bangers and fireworks of various kinds have been thrown,” Lindgren said. “I have not heard that anyone has been harmed, but it is possible that they have been.”

Roads were blocked and bus traffic affected in parts of central Stockholm as a result of the demonstration, which was set to continue until about 15.30.

Govi

Passed Driver's Ed
finally we can make America great again. Majority house and senate and soon to be Supreme Court when that old hag Ginsberg kicks the bucket

With Trump's plan to decrease federal revenue and increase federal spending, how is accelerating the rate at which our national debt grows making America great again?

How will Trump bring jobs back to the steel industry and the coal industry? Market forces unrelated to the government, trade, or treaties ended those jobs. The steel industry has been automated to the point where far fewer workers are required to make the same enormous amount of steel that we produce. Look at American steel production on this chart:

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states/steel-production

The big drop came during Reagan's first and second years, then a slow climb until the start of the Great Recession. No NAFTA effect. Just increasing productivity = fewer workers to make the same amount.

Coal is in the tank because it's cheaper and easier to burn cheap natural gas which has become abundant in America.

How will Trump reverse these productivity and market forces? He won't because he can't.

Trump is a city slicker who sold the Brooklyn Bridge to millions of country boys. What will happen when you smarten up to his lies?

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Govi, you have to forgive him. He is from College Station, aka Aggie town, after all.

dead_catz

Ready to race!
Govi, you have to forgive him. He is from College Station, aka Aggie town, after all.

you sure are salty, Shouldn't you be out rioting there in dfw? I heard they have been bussing protesters in. I think it pays well to, 35$/hr Is what i saw some of the ads say.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Probably true.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
you sure are salty, Shouldn't you be out rioting there in dfw? I heard they have been bussing protesters in. I think it pays well to, 35$/hr Is what i saw some of the ads say.

Says the guy that spent the last 8 years calling for a Revolution and demanding Obama to be hanged.

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

P.S. I was there are the protests in Dallas, and no one rioted you dumbass. Unlike the Teabagger protests that called for Obama's hanging, not a single sign out there was calling for Trump's assassination.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
And the hypocrite of the decade goes to:

SirClimax

Ready to race!

dead_catz

Ready to race!
Says the guy that spent the last 8 years calling for a Revolution and demanding Obama to be hanged.

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

P.S. I was there are the protests in Dallas, and no one rioted you dumbass. Unlike the Teabagger protests that called for Obama's hanging, not a single sign out there was calling for Trump's assassination.

Yeah bro have fun "protesting" a free democratic election just because you did not get your way.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
For facts sake, it's important to note that the Anti-Obama protests never became violent minus a few small fights here and there.

These protests got violent real quick with reports of stones being thrown at police, shootings taking place, and cars/buildings being burned.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
This thread is still going? What I hate about this thread is there isn't a concise point being made. There is little actual debating going on. We are all just throwing points out, and they are being ignored, and more shit is brought up, ignoring the other points. What I learned about Liberal people is they debate with their feelings. They couldn't care less about having a discussion about actual topics. The want you to know that they are unhappy, and that's about it. Similar shit happened when I debated Republicans in '12. They all just kept saying the world was going to end, now that Obama was in office.

The main difference when debating each party is when I debated a Republican, they wouldn't try to marginalize my opinion based off of who I am. They would say that they disagreed with me and told me I would see my views were wrong in due time. I would get some idiots that would call me a libtard and leave it at that, but it's nothing compared to the shit I have received from liberals this year. Nearly every time I have debated with a liberal, they have called me names or tried to marginalize my opinion because I'm white. I have been called racist and a bigot simply because I do not agree with them on social topics, and I'm socially liberal. I don't understand the tactic.

Status
Not open for further replies.