GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hilary or Trump (and why?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
To be fair, Gary Johnson is as credible as Louie Gohmert so no one needs to know much more about a Presidential candidate of a third party in which he has no clue about international affairs to begin with.

To be fair, Hillary is the most corrupt candidate the country has ever seen. Any credibility she's had is long gone. The fact that she's likely going to be our next president shows how far our country has regressed.

Hillary knows as much about economics as Trump does of tact. Every candidate has their strengths and weaknesses. One gaffe on Johnson's part isn't a deal breaker. The fact that an isolationist doesn't know Syrian geography, doesn't bother me. The fact that a former Senator and Secretary of State doesn't understand basic classification laws (they are, in fact, laws), bothers me.

One person's mistake was a gaffe, the other's was criminal. Hard to compare.

But let's continue to do what we've always done so we can get what we've always gotten. The two-party system has delivered junk to the American people. So let's continue to ignore any alternative.

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
Add this to the list as well:

He's a wolf in sheepskin clothing. I'm making my strategic choice by voting for Clinton so asshats like him and Trump will never come close to attaining the White House.

I'm pretty sure we can find damning quotes from just about any candidate (including Obama and Hillary) about the LGBTQ population from 1993. No mainstream politician was supporting LGBTQ rights back then. Only once they turned into a voting bloc did people pay attention to them. Same goes for latinos at a much earlier point.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Well said thewalkingdad. You could make an arguement for Bernie Sanders supporting LGBT rights earlier, but then also you could argue he wasn't a relevant mainstream politician back then.

Beyond that, I think this election is interesting because there seems to be little talk about the future plan after 4 years. Everyone is so scared about what shit-head will be elected for this term, but it's important to consider what effects that will have after their term is up.

One of my favorite Journalists, Ben Shapiro, said "The problem with Hillary is we know what we're going to get and it's bad. The problem with Trump is we don't know what we're gonna get and it could be worse". We're stuck between a rock and a hard place, but maybe in some world it could be more beneficial to pick the shittier candadite now, in order to set up the next few elections and get people to realize this is exactly what we don't want. We need to energize voters again. I believe that people's disgust and general disconnect from politics led to these two clowns being the front-runners in the first place.

Last edited:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Louie Gohmert - yeow.

corrupt? yeow.

yeow.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Hillary already won anyway.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Hillary already won anyway.

That is what is most likely going to happen. That was decided when the RNC decided to throw it's lot in with Jeb Bush instead of pushing John Kasich or Marco Rubio. Not to mention the media's terrible bias to only show the candidates that boost ratings. I think there was a study out there (I'll have to find it), that had the number of mentions of Trump and Hillary at 23x that of Bernie Sanders and 42x that of John Kasich on the major news networks. Absolutely absurd.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
not sure how HRC is anymore corrupt than any other politician, lol.

yep.. RNC doubled down with Pence.. not a good idea, at all. Kasich would have been a much much safer choice.. unless the plan would be if Trump wins, to have him step down or something happen with him, that then allows Pence to take the helm.

Get the money out of politics either way, and you can see true change. Otherwise, each party is still owned by big business, no matter how much the other small issues are debated.

SirClimax

Ready to race!
Well said thewalkingdad. You could make an agreement for Bernie Sanders supporting LGBT rights earlier, but then also you could argue he wasn't a relevant mainstream politician back then.

Beyond that, I think this election is interesting because there seems to be little talk about the future plan after 4 years. Everyone is so scared about what shit-head will be elected for this term, but it's important to consider what effects that will have after their term is up.

One of my favorite Journalists, Ben Shapiro, said "The problem with Hillary is we know what we're going to get and it's bad. The problem with Trump is we don't know what we're gonna get and it could be worse". We're stuck between a rock and a hard place, but maybe in some world it could be more beneficial to pick the shittier candadite now, in order to set up the next few elections and get people to realize this is exactly what we don't want. We need to energize voters again. I believe that people's disgust and general disconnect from politics led to these two clowns being the front-runners in the first place.

Like I said much earlier in this thread, Trump is unlikely to get a second term while I don't trust that people will learn enough in 4 years to not elect Hillary again. 4 years of garbage or 8 years of garbage?

SirClimax

Ready to race!
A Trump dynasty? Eric Trump owning CNN panel after VP debates. I don't think CNN or any of the establishment owned news medias will be interviewing him again.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqfTX4h3a_M

That was an ugly interview on the part of the "Journalists." He kept answering their questions and then elaborating. And they kept interrupting him to ask the question 6 more times. CNN should be embarrassed...

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
Well said thewalkingdad. You could make an agreement for Bernie Sanders supporting LGBT rights earlier, but then also you could argue he wasn't a relevant mainstream politician back then.

Thanks. And right back at you, very well said.

Although, despite Bernie's relative popularity, I still don't think I'd consider him mainstream. I think that's why people liked him. I think that same phenomenon also partially explains why Trump is also as popular as he is.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
I'm pretty sure we can find damning quotes from just about any candidate (including Obama and Hillary) about the LGBTQ population from 1993. No mainstream politician was supporting LGBTQ rights back then. Only once they turned into a voting bloc did people pay attention to them. Same goes for latinos at a much earlier point.

That's not the point.

It's not Democrats that are pushing regressive measures against the LGBT community today, but the GOP. The Obama administration has done far more for LGBT rights than any other administration in history, that you can't deny.

It doesn't matter what people say in the past; what matters is now.

And Pence is just another idiot who had no problem attempting to bankrupt his state over a regressive piece of legislation that would have set back decades of work for LGBT civil liberties.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion

Ben Shapiro? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
To be fair, Hillary is the most corrupt candidate the country has ever seen. Any credibility she's had is long gone. The fact that she's likely going to be our next president shows how far our country has regressed.

Hillary knows as much about economics as Trump does of tact. Every candidate has their strengths and weaknesses. One gaffe on Johnson's part isn't a deal breaker. The fact that an isolationist doesn't know Syrian geography, doesn't bother me. The fact that a former Senator and Secretary of State doesn't understand basic classification laws (they are, in fact, laws), bothers me.

One person's mistake was a gaffe, the other's was criminal. Hard to compare.

But let's continue to do what we've always done so we can get what we've always gotten. The two-party system has delivered junk to the American people. So let's continue to ignore any alternative.

One gaffe? Jesus Christ, where do I begin?

You have Gary Johnson, a "former" Republican, who would rather privatize education and abolish the Department of Education, which would directly benefit those with the most money. He still believes in conservative economics, which doesn't support the lower or middle class. He's really just a right wing nut, a wolf in sheepskin clothing who supports marijuana legalization but minus the phony pandering to the religious right. Not only that, but he has been in politics for years yet doesn't seem to have much knowledge on international affairs. Even Trump is more knowledgeable when it comes to international affairs and that's just pathetic.

Here's the cold hard truth here: If you're voting for Gary Johnson then you likely haven't read anything about him and you're simply voting for Johnson in attempt to be a contrarian and pat yourself on the back because you didn't vote for "the lesser of two evils". Problem is that you still voted for "evil" and that evil aligns with Trump more than it does Hillary.

In other words, you're likely not informed enough to make a proper decision. And I can feel the eye rolls from Johnson supporters who have no intention of truly studying Gary Johnson and are just voting based on platitudes and catch phrases.

Oh, and weed. Can't forget the weed.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather vote for someone who will strengthen the middle class because the middle class is what makes this country strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.