GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hilary or Trump (and why?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LargeMargeSentMe

Ready to race!
just curious as to how the mk6 community will be voting in Nov

I think I'll just vote for Bernie if he runs independent, or whoever is running for the green party because Trump and Hilary both scare me.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
The fact that we're actually going to allow either of these people to run for president is scary as hell. I'd be all for allowing Obama to stay president for a couple more years while we find some sane candidates that aren't involved in ridiculous scandals.

People that support either of those candidates are just as scary. I'm not sure how anyone can say, ya that'd be an acceptable president.

I'm 28 and honestly never voted. I'm not even registered, but I feel like this year I need to go and write down Bernies name.

If I could pick anybody it'd be Tulsi Gabbard. She's amazing. Even if she is only 35. Bernie as president and Gabbard as vp would be cool, and then in 4 years gabbard for pres.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I am a believer in voting, but not choosing the "lesser of two evils" I'll be doing a write in vote as I have done in the past so it's on record that I don't want either of them as my president.

I don't even believe either of them are a lesser evil. They're both evil as hell in their own ways.

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
Why not Gary Johnson?

Half the country hates Trump, the other half hates Hillary. Nobody really hates Johnson. So far, Gary Johnson is the only one that I actually don't mind. I haven't decided who I will vote for, but he's at the top right now.

People say he can't win, but that's not true. He won't win 270 electoral college votes, so people think he can't win. But you have to understand how our elections work. All he has to do is prevent either other candidate from reaching 270 electoral college votes. He can ostensibly do that by only winning a few states (which isn't outside the realm of possibility, look at Utah for example, three way tie in some polls...).

If he is successful in blocking a 270 election, Congress (the sitting Congress, which is Republican-leaning) elects the next President and VP separately.

The House elects the President from the top three candidates (which would likely include Johnson) and the Senate elects the VP from the top two VP candidates (likely no Weld, his running mate).

I posit Johnson would be the best overall candidate that the majority of Congress could actually agree on. Is this outcome likely? No. Is it possible? Certainly. Many people (as you can tell with the rise of Bernie and Trump) are sick of "establishment" politicians and want something different.

Because really, if you think "vote your conscience" is an insult to your candidate of choice, you might want to rethink your candidate. I'd rather vote FOR someone than vote AGAINST someone.

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
Because there are certain protections afforded by the federal government that I don't want to see dismantled?

Afforded (which is a funny use of the term considering out government is bankrupt) by the federal government or the constitution? And what's to say these protections can't be better offered at a state or local level?

So far, he's the one who is promising to ardently protect the rights guaranteed by the constitution. The other candidates have openly stated they want to infringe upon those little things we call "inalienable rights."

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Gary Johnson has my vote as well. Shiniest turd vote has to stop. Also, a little less arguing and a lot more conceding for the greater good would be fantastic for both parties. The country is so polarized on ancillary problems, that the actual problems never get discussed. The politicians love that, bc that means they don't have to do their job.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Whether it be Gary Johnson, Donald Trump, Your neighbors cat... I can assure you my vote will definitely not be for our dear snake Hillary.

Status
Not open for further replies.