GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

High LTFT K04 BPY

BurgerGuy

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'07 K04 GTI
How loose should that check valve be? Looked broken to me. Have been thinking of either returning to OE PCV setup or going all out with a billet valve cover and catch can. Just don't want the added maintenance of the can. Had one on my TSI and it was a lot of work for something that really didn't reduce carbon build up a whole lot. Especially during winter. Never had to empty it during warmer months.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
How loose should that check valve be? Looked broken to me. Have been thinking of either returning to OE PCV setup or going all out with a billet valve cover and catch can. Just don't want the added maintenance of the can. Had one on my TSI and it was a lot of work for something that really didn't reduce carbon build up a whole lot. Especially during winter. Never had to empty it during warmer months.
Only the valve disc should be loose inside the tube, as it opens and shuts under pressure or vacuum.
I personally am fine with the OE PCV. I have a BSH delete, I ran it for some years. Some years before the delete, VW replaced my PCV under an open campaign, swapping the PCV to the 06F 129 101 P type with a valved rear tube due to those channels in the rocker cover not remaining sealed. After the open campaign was done, I ran the delete. Then returned the OE "06F 129 101 P" PCV that I still had. I replaced it when it barely began to leak a tiny bit...it's the one in my PCV vid.

Some leak a tiny bit even when you receive them new. Because I see this when I help others with these, I will always check them at the dealer before purchasing. If they do not have any in the future, I will ask if they can order more than one so I can test them. When I got the new PCV in the vid...they had three and two of the three leaked a tiny bit. The one I got sealed and is still sealed as of a couple of days ago.

ffwd to about 3:00 and you can hear the tiny leak. Some when new leak more than this;

Last edited:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI

BurgerGuy

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'07 K04 GTI
With P being the latest revision will likely go with that one. Looks like the updated valved breather tube is 06F103215B.

The MK6 R uses a variant of the updated PCV (06F129101R) and pairs with the revision N open tube.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
All correct. I too see the N is revised to R as well. Either way you go is fine. The only concern is with open tube and the 06F129101R...is the passages through rocker/valve cover are expected to be sealed.

BurgerGuy

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'07 K04 GTI
Per ECS the MKV GTI and MK6 R do use the same valve cover. As long as the pairings with the PCV and breather tube are correct should be fine. Makes me wonder if revision R is even stronger.

Drove the car a bit today. LTFT partial now +10.9. Rain hasn't let up for a few days so will have to wait on swapping the N80 valve and refitting hose clamps.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I doubt the cover is stronger because the crankcase pressure and vacuum wouldn't likely be much different between GTI and R.

BurgerGuy

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'07 K04 GTI
Good point.

New N80 valve is on and re-did hose clamps on the rear breather tube. STFT still shot to +25% once the sensor turned on, but it seems way more stable on its reading now. LTFT, idle is now +2.62 and partial is +9.76. Bound to go up a tad more over the next few days. Time for a smoke test, but still an improvement.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
There is definitely a leak with STFT increasing that much until it adapts. Test it for sure.

BurgerGuy

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'07 K04 GTI
Found another leak...

LTFT partial at +13.26 and idle at +2.46.

Attachments

• IMG_20200602_125701.jpg
    IMG_20200602_125701.jpg
    650.9 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I replaced that before...that will help a bunch. Or should help unless there is another leak.

I just made a vid of my N80 test. I made the vid today after replacing the N80 this morning. As you may remember, my LTFT is an addition but under 10% with no leaks detected with the smoke test. So I thought, my N80 has 154k miles on it and why I replaced it this morning.

Here's the vid;

BurgerGuy

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'07 K04 GTI
New hose w/ check valve is on. Before doing it, partial was low +14% and idle seemed to hover around +2.

With the new hose, STFT still pegged to 25%. Feels better, smoother. Partial got to +11.3 pretty quick, but is staying put. Idle is floating around +2 or so.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I just looked a bit more at your pic...and it doesn't appear the crack is actually so far down that it would be leaking.
I just think a thorough smoke test would do you some good.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Much to check;
Dipstick o-ring
EVAP tubing
Brake Booster and tubing
Vacuum lines
Intake connections including the MAF to intake seal
Boost to throttle body connections
Intake manifold for cracks
Do you notice oil seepage anywhere? Seal those connections or replace damaged tubing
Have it smoke or pressure tested if all else fails to find it.

It is possible it is only a leak...but I think yours may also be poor fuel delivery by injectors or the MAF.
Reading this helps explain how a leak usually doesn't affect "partial/off idle" as it does at idle and stft. http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Fuel_Trim_Info