GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

High idle

Jcornelius

Car(s)
2007 GTI 6 speed
I have a question for someone more knowledgeable than myself. This is my first mk5, I bought it about 2 weeks ago for very cheap cause it has some issues. I’ve done new coil packs and plugs, but that’s about all. The idle is funky, if I have my ac on itll 9/10 times idle normal when I’m coming up to a traffic light. Occasionally it’ll stop at 1900 and then it’ll tick like 3 times on the way down like it’ll stay at 1900, then jump to 1500, 1200 etc. if the ac is off, it is a constant high idle. But sometimes it’ll go straight to 900 and slowly creep up in idle until about 1500 then jump back down to 900. I have a cel for p0171 and p0507. Too lean and high idle, anyone know what it could be? Pcv valve looks to be brand new and it idles rough with the dipstick out.

Attachments

• 1A23DA56-2975-425F-B4B5-D6842D3CD14D.jpeg
    1A23DA56-2975-425F-B4B5-D6842D3CD14D.jpeg
    326.6 KB · Views: 47

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
It is almost always the PCV with those two codes. But may also be an air inlet leak; anything leaking from the turbo to inlet manifold...including all air tubing.

It is easy to swap, but make sure you replace it with the correct PCV. There are two PCV designs and meant to be paired with one of the two rear vent tubes. I have a thread covering the pairings, but easiest way to go about it is order or purchase PN: 06F129101R...as it will work with both rear vent tubes. If you replace the front PCV and nothing good comes from it...you may need to thoroughly inspect it for leaks. And also take a look at the rear vent tube to see if it is valved and if the valve isn't stuck...it should breath toward the turbo and seal when air flow is reversed.

You can later go through this thread to understand the PCV pairings...and can check to see which rear vent tube it has at another time; https://www.golfmkv.com/forums/index.php?threads/proper-pcv-to-crankcase-breather-tube-info.378931/

Last edited:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Yes, performing a thorough visual and tactile inspection of all air tubing would be beneficial.
I didn't mean to say go right out and replace the PCV...and why I added; But may also be an air inlet leak...
The thinking was you would check those first...