GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

High Gas prices

mitsuplexnyc

Ready to race!
The headline from cnn : Gas prices jump 34 cents in 13 days...

Will anyone be using their GTI differently? I read a european article that demonstrated a dsg GTI could get high MPG's by holding Manual mode shiftpoints further into their range.

for any traders, now might be a great time to hedge NYSE:XES against the rising cost of fuel :)

dibblet

Ready to race!
Paid 3.90 for 93 the other night...I wept.

The only thing that could make me feel better was flying down country roads.

It's like being depressed because you eat, then eating because you're depressed

dibblet

Ready to race!
Gas prices are nothing yet.

$5 in the majority of the country this summer. I would bet a case of beer on it.

I wonder though what premiuim prices will be. It used to be that 90 was 10cents more than reg, and 93 was an extra 10cents more (at least in TN). That's not the case anymore, premium is around 35cents extra - Makes me wonder if premium will be 6+ this summer.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I agree, $5/gallon is on its way soon. Those living in other markers will laugh because they've been paying higher prices for years and we're just now feeling the "pinch".

The talk of the US tapping into reserves makes me LOL. Reserves are for a crisis. Conservation is the key solution but a step many aren't willing to take as that requires thought.

Will I do anything differently, no. A tank of fuel lasts me over 3 weeks so I can absorb the couple dollars extra to fill up. The only people fuel prices should impact are those that run a business requiring transportation. Otherwise, you're living beyond your means.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
On the positive side, I'm glad I purchased a relatively high mileage car!

On the negative - Premium is $$$!
This thing'll run on 91, right? I may give 91 a go if things get insane.
I might try going a bit more gentle on the throttle as well.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
In Toronto Canada right now:

Regular: $1.23/litre = $4.65/gallon
Premium: $1.35/litre = $5.10/gallon

boostedmk6

Go Kart Champion
When gas prices go up I keep the car in "D" and try to be gentle with the throttle. I also only go somewhere if absolutely necessary (ie school, work).

The little things like proper tire pressure and keeping your car clean do help.

HOLLIS

Ready to race!
I agree, it's going to get a lot worse. Oil is expected to reach $200 a barrel by 2012. I'm going to have to sell my boat. :(

mitsuplexnyc

Ready to race!
When gas prices go up I keep the car in "D" and try to be gentle with the throttle. I also only go somewhere if absolutely necessary (ie school, work).

The little things like proper tire pressure and keeping your car clean do help.

My tires came from the dealer filled w/ nitrogen. I don't know if there is a significant benefit in that regard but i'll take it.

TheMadSci

Ready to race!
I live in southern California and prices are rising fast..driving to school and work takes a lot of gas even if I'm driving economically..the bike is coming out pretty soon haha

mortis

Ready to race!
One word... Hyper-mile. I've been coasting as much as possible. I'm thinking about installing a set of sails on my GTI.

TDI110

O_o
sigh, we're all feeling it - I changed my driving style - I'm keeping my bahn speed at 120. A full tank will last me exactly 2 weeks that way.