GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hi from Sweden!

riggley

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW Golf GTI -08
I'm from Sweden (Not Switzerland), Gothenburg. I own a VW Golf GTI -08. Don't know if there are many swedes in here, haven't seen anyone yet :)

See you around.

// riggley

PS: There are no polar bears on the streets in Sweden :lol:

riggley

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW Golf GTI -08
Thanks! :)

GP-WU

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf V Plus
welcome aboard and nice ride.....

i know that there arn´t any polar bears on the road but there must be alot of moose on the road..... mercedes even named a test drive after it :biggrin::biggrin:

just kidding

riggley

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW Golf GTI -08
welcome aboard and nice ride.....

i know that there arn´t any polar bears on the road but there must be alot of moose on the road..... mercedes even named a test drive after it :biggrin::biggrin:

just kidding

That's true! I read some statistics saying that during 2008 there were 5118 car accidents with mooses on streets :thumbsup:

Sothis

Diesel power
Car(s)
'06 Mk5
awesome GTI!

As a Swede u'll be able to answer this question:
as it is known, driving with yr lights on is obligatory 24/7 (as it is in Poland). is it so, that the VW's for Scandinavian markets have the so-called daylights? I've heard it works like u have yr front lights on, but no rear lights.
Is that so?
Are the front daylights the same ones used at normal lights?

Thanks

riggley

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW Golf GTI -08
awesome GTI!

As a Swede u'll be able to answer this question:
as it is known, driving with yr lights on is obligatory 24/7 (as it is in Poland). is it so, that the VW's for Scandinavian markets have the so-called daylights? I've heard it works like u have yr front lights on, but no rear lights.
Is that so?
Are the front daylights the same ones used at normal lights?

Thanks

Hi, thanks :)

The daylights you are mentioning must be what we call the parking lights. They are always on, and you can't switch them off. In normal condition the normal front lights are on, and you can switch to fog lights. The rear lights are always on as well. We have a rear fog light that can be switched on if that's what you ment?

Sothis

Diesel power
Car(s)
'06 Mk5
Hi, thanks :)

:paddle:

The daylights you are mentioning must be what we call the parking lights. They are always on, and you can't switch them off.

Yeah that's the thing - you've got 'unswitchable' lights up there. I think it's the same in California (question for the American Golfers:) )
The rear lights are always on as well.

The ones i thought were like headlights on and no taillights (u can see such in the most recent audis and mk6 golfs) - and I think these are a matter of your choice, I mean u can switch them off and choose normal lights used during the night - with the taillights on

We have a rear fog light that can be switched on if that's what you ment?

Yeah yeah we have the same thing I think everybody does, that's not what i meant. Anyways, Swedish and other Scandinavian cars (or specified for Scandinavia) have lights u can never switch off and that start together with ignition?

riggley

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW Golf GTI -08
Yeah yeah we have the same thing I think everybody does, that's not what i meant. Anyways, Swedish and other Scandinavian cars (or specified for Scandinavia) have lights u can never switch off and that start together with ignition?

That may be correct, I can't really answer for other countries. Unlike the US goffies, we have the parking light in the same socket as the headlights (the inner part of the whole assembly). This makes the goffie look more angry when it's dark :thumbsup:

junker

You get an 'F'!
Car(s)
MkV GTI FSI
Doesn't Sweden a friendly rivalry with Norway...always seems like it with the Swedes...LOL

Anyway, I'm liking Lykke Li a lot right now.