GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hi from Portugal

Corleone

Go Kart Newbie
Hi there,

Firstly I would like to congratulate this site Administrators and all of you around world that are proudly owners of this model - GTI 2006.:biggrin:

I´ve been reading many articles that have been posted in this magnific forum, and I decided to start participating in it.

I confess that I´m a GTI lover since I´m a little boy, but is was last September when I got my first GTI. It´s a Black Magic GTI,6 speed manual, with the original seat pattern and stock engine. I don´t like much the idea of doing engine upgrading (more power), because I think it is good enough for me and for Portugal highways. :wink:

I realized something quite curious. After reading some posts, I understood that in the United States the MKV GTI is pretty well served with merchansidising. In Europe, and particulary in Portugal, I don´t have that perception. I have some difficulty on getting some information about products related with this car. An example could be the GTI Mats that are publicited in the USA VW GTI brochure. Or the keyring, that my Vw dealer have never heard...That´t quite strange.:frown:

Altough those sad facts, I´ll try to help you with my best knowledge about our "little boys".:laugh:

Regards,

Corleone

davesee

FIA GT Champion
Yes, congrats on your own gti!

I'm not sure why the accessories are so hard to come by there... I wonder if its possible for you to order things through VW (USA's) website and have things shipped.?

I don't know if it would be worth it tho after shipping costs.

:iono:

Corleone

Go Kart Newbie
davesee said:
Yes, congrats on your own gti!

I'm not sure why the accessories are so hard to come by there... I wonder if its possible for you to order things through VW (USA's) website and have things shipped.?

I don't know if it would be worth it tho after shipping costs.

:iono:

Thanks, davesee.

Is it quite difficult to get some accessories in Portugal. Why? Because there aren´t as many GTI´s in Portugal as in other countries, and, consequently, some specific questions can´t be answered (even by the Vw dealers).

I´ve got some answers reading some posts right here, and I believe that I´m going to follow this threads quite regular.

For example, I´ve bought a set of rubber mats for my GTI, but it is the same Mat that fit in the normal Golf. When I asked if there was any other set specific for GTI the answer was a simply "no, there isn´t". :cry:

And there is in the States...

Regards,

Corleone