GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hey, our brakes our ATES... and some advice please?

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
zack72103 said:
owh, btw. It's Ate (pronouced Awh-tay).

Rgr, thanks... wasn't sure about that ess...

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
10-4 on that. I'm sure there's brake science that works best for each application ie weight of car, brake bias, types of tracks you run on, weight of wheels/tires, etc. I don't plan to do anything to them. I've come to the reality I'm a dad and I'd be lucky to make one visit to Virginia Motorsports Park in a year, possibly a few visits to the dragstrip in the fall/spring, where stock brakes are fine anyway.
http://www.greedspeed.com/applicati...ch_328X28mm_Big_Brake_Kit_06_A3_05_06_Jetta_V Another sweet looking kit for those all about spending the big money.

AJChenMPH

Lt. Commander, USPHS
Scotaku said:
Yep. Identical. With the right spacer or the GTI's wheels, I believe I could bolt them right to the Passat. Matter of fact, I may be able to swap the B5 Tyrolsport front caliper bushings onto the GTI. (the brass ones that replace the rubber)

Maybe even the rear brakes could swap too, though that would probably mean transplanting the wheel carriers too onto the Passat's rear arms. It's both scary and reassuring to see so many similarities!
Thanks. I wasn't thinking parts swap, just whether I already knew the procedures to swap pads for the track. :wink: