GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hesitant acceleration at low RPMs - 09TSI

eliwise

Passed Driver's Ed
Just seems a little hesitant off the line in normal traffic and overall just lacks the responsiveness it normally has. Clutch is new, carbon clean done last year. Recent coils. Recent plugs. Recent throttle body replacement.

Injectors?
Turbo?
Fuel pump?

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I would first suspect the timing. Often people find refreshing the timing chain and tensioner, along with the cam adjuster and unrestricted oil flow to operate it, really helps with low rpm responsiveness. But yes, it could be any of those other bits. If you could check its timing pull data and note the rpm when you feel the numbness. Perhaps others with peppy low revs can do some comparison. I have the EA113 '07 and would not be a great one to compare it to. Plus, mine is also feeling sluggish in the lower revs. It is at 157k miles and I plan on replacing the chain and tensioner__cam adjuster_N205_clean the N205 pick-up screen etc., when it is nearer to 160k miles.

eliwise

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks man - much appreciated. Mine is an 09 MK5 TSI - had the timing chain and tensioner replaced about 6 months ago.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Yes...I am aware yours is TSI. It's why I said mine would not be a good one to compare it to.
I am just throwing out guesses until more help arrives. Even though yours is a MK5...you may want to post this over on the MK6 GTI forum for the TSI factor.

Was the VVT pick-up screen inspected? Them coming apart (pic below) is becoming common. Something else to have checked is the mass air being reported by the MAF sensor. And are the fuel trims healthy? The fuel trims may point to an air inlet leak or a failed MAF.

Attachments

• tsi screen p0011.png
    tsi screen p0011.png
    993.6 KB · Views: 62

AdamQ

Car(s)
Golf mk5 1.4 TSI
Have you tried resetting the throttle position?, if you google it there are instructions on how to do it, its quite simple to do. Sorted out mine