GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help with AUX line.

danjett

Passed Driver's Ed
First of all, I did an extensive search here as well as on the vortex, did not get a straight answer, of course, i did not get to ask anything, hence my thread.

Im new to the MKV platform, tell me what Im missing here in order to make the AUX line work on my head unit?

My head unit: ('08 GTI, FSI engine)

AUX input in center console:

("B" is connected in the back of "A"..."B" is just hanging there...& then we have "C" going somewhere into the center console)

What do I need to do in order to make this work?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

danjett

Passed Driver's Ed
You just found it like that? Was it something from the previous owner? It may have had a different head unit at one time.

It doesn't look like any aux connector I know of.

Yes, i just got it like that from the previous owner...well and with this compartment that covers the "hole"

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
It looks like the prev owner modified it. My 08 said the aux port would be in the glove box as well. But I didn't have one, had the iPod adapter.

michail77

Go Kart Champion
You can get little aux plugs that go into the blank switches in front of the shifter. They route up easily to the back of the head unit. But I think the Premium 7 might require it to be repined.

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
Your picture shows the option media Bay center console.
Looks like that was originally set up for a navigation head unit. Nav supports both auxiliary and CD changer or iPod dock in the media bay. The head unit you have is either / or, but not both. You will not be able to tell unless you pull the head unit and check the harness behind it. If it was set up for navigation, you will not be able to get the aux to work unless you re-pin the harnesses, and the media Bay Harness shown in your picture will then not be functional.

Car(s)
2009 CW 4dr GTI
I have the exact same set up in my '09. Except I don't have "A" or "B" in the picture. It looks like the previous owner added those on the OP's car. I have the Ipod port in the center console. If I remove it, I find it plugged into "C". I am wondering if there is a harness that will plug into "C" that either supports an aux-in or a micro USB that will allow me to play my galaxy through the premium 7 head unit. Currently I can plug my wife's ipod or iphone in that center console port and it will play through the stereo, but my phone is a galaxy and I don't want to go through the trouble of converting everything over to an Apple product just to be able to play it in my car.

I know this thread is almost a year old, but has anybody come up with anything???

First of all, I did an extensive search here as well as on the vortex, did not get a straight answer, of course, i did not get to ask anything, hence my thread.

Im new to the MKV platform, tell me what Im missing here in order to make the AUX line work on my head unit?

My head unit: ('08 GTI, FSI engine)

AUX input in center console:

("B" is connected in the back of "A"..."B" is just hanging there...& then we have "C" going somewhere into the center console)

What do I need to do in order to make this work?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Yes, i just got it like that from the previous owner...well and with this compartment that covers the "hole"

Last edited: