GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help please

Dagger1120

Passed Driver's Ed
I know this is a stupid question but I got new tires and my tire pressure light is on I’ve tried finding videos but I can’t get it for my car I have an 08 GTI MK5 how do I reset this light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Drive a few feet, if the TPMS battery died or it was damaged you will have a problem

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
If a sensor is dying the tire light will flash for a bit before staying solid. Or if you have a leak with new tires, possible the shop didn’t tighten the union nuts on the sensors so it’s a slow leak. I had both problems.

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
Recently I had my light stuck on and would not turn off, no matter how much I drove even if I had the air up to 45-50 psi. I ended up pulling each valve core out, completely deflating each tire 1 by 1 and reinflating, by the time I put the air line away the light turned off.

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
I hate the federally mandated nanny state tire sensor nonsense. The newer version where it’s indirect using wheel speed sensors makes more sense then those stupid rim mounted ones that could leak/ be expensive to replace when they die or some dipshit tire shop breaks them.

Dagger1120

Passed Driver's Ed
I hate the federally mandated nanny state tire sensor nonsense. The newer version where it’s indirect using wheel speed sensors makes more sense then those stupid rim mounted ones that could leak/ be expensive to replace when they die or some dipshit tire shop breaks them.

I’m really hoping they didn’t break them

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
You can use VAGCOM to code out the tpms sensors - they’ll be turned off entirely and you can just check your tire pressure like normal. It’s a two stage process - one to turn off the sensors and one to turn off the error light on the dash. I did it, popped in normal valve stems on all my wheel sets and have never been happier. I also have about 16 tpms sensors laying around that I should probably throw away. The seals and everything are absolutely bad after all this time. [emoji849]

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
You can use VAGCOM to code out the tpms sensors - they’ll be turned off entirely and you can just check your tire pressure like normal. It’s a two stage process - one to turn off the sensors and one to turn off the error light on the dash. I did it, popped in normal valve stems on all my wheel sets and have never been happier. I also have about 16 tpms sensors laying around that I should probably throw away. The seals and everything are absolutely bad after all this time. [emoji849]

X2

Dagger1120

Passed Driver's Ed

How much is VAGCOM I’ve heard of it but never looked into it what’s it exactly do I’m new to the GTI life

Dagger1120

Passed Driver's Ed

I’ve heard you can do really cool stuff with it

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I’ve heard you can do really cool stuff with it

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/

Have a read. If you are a do-it-yourselfer, just buy one, very useful when it comes to diagnosing problems. It will give you info on error codes, allow you to clear them and you can get detailed info by looking through the vagcom forum and googling the error codes.

You can also adjust various settings that turn on and off many features.

Used mine for years and it has become best investment in GTI ownership.

Dagger1120

Passed Driver's Ed
http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/

Have a read. If you are a do-it-yourselfer, just buy one, very useful when it comes to diagnosing problems. It will give you info on error codes, allow you to clear them and you can get detailed info by looking through the vagcom forum and googling the error codes.

You can also adjust various settings that turn on and off many features.

Used mine for years and it has become best investment in GTI ownership.

Sweet thank you !!! Also another question since you’ve been very helpful do you know any ECU or plug n play ECU to run anti lag ?

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
I think there is Eurodyne Maestro map with anti-lag