GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

help please

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Was driving home tonight and got a cel light. Wont make any power and shakes bad at low rpms. I was able to drive home at 65 miles an hour. Didnt over heat. When i hit the gas it would shake. I hope its not the turbo. Does this sound like pcv failure?

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Yes idle sounds like you pulled the dip stick. Wants to stall.

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Does everyone agree it shouldnt be anything major if i was able to drive 125 miles home?

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
I'm guessing a bad coil. Boost leaks shouldn't make your car buck and shake like that unless you popped a hose off or something.

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Im hoping bake sees this. Maybe ill im him. He has helped me before.

Check your spark plugs. When my pcv went, I started burning a lot of oil which fouled the plugs to the point of a continuous misfire.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
My friend's cc had similar symptoms when he had a bad coil pack. The car would buck at medium throttle but he could still drive it lightly.

It's not good to drive a car while it's misfiring so I'd replace all 4 coils (even if it's just 1 bad one, so they'll all fire equally) ASAP.

Get the red ones for a Tiguan or Jetta hybrid at your dealership to save time. Those are the upgraded R8-spec ones that have a slightly stronger spark than your GTI ones.