GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

help on what exhaust to get

notkool59

Go Kart Champion
exhaust is the next thing I'm going to get so I want some opinions on what everyone likes/has. Also do different ones have different gains or are they all pretty much the same, Thanks.

Blitzen

Professional .....
Please use the search function.
Supersprint
Milltek
Eurosport
Neuspeed
Custom
Are your options

Last edited:

JhnR

Banned
APR

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Techtonics Tuning rocks... and they have been in business longer than all the rest too! Not sure about the R32...

jdub_atl

Passed Driver's Ed
Stock. Dont go ruining a beautiful car.

Eventually ur going to sell it and lose all ur money uve put into it.

Just be happy with what it is, If you want faster then save ur money and buy a faster car.

Custom is the happy medium. $400 installed and you can choose the tips as well as support a local tune shop in your area.

The stock tips hang too far out in my opinion. The more agressive sound is where its at. Maybe a little more efficiency, though that has yet to be proven. My magnaflow is scheduled for Monday, with a dyno run in the near future once my tune shop get's their awd dyno up to speed. Should be early fall...

In the end its watever floats your boat and what fits your budget. All of my mods have been well worth it not to mention fulfilling in that the research process and networking for knowledge is satisfying in itself...

Buying a new car for more horsepower is wrong since were all vested in this car. Im not going to take a 4k+ hit trading in when I could take that money and build upon a solid foudation and love for VW's. Prices will drop in a few years for our R's for aftermarket parts. When more warranties are up and more people are looking to take the next stage, prices and options will grow.

JW

Last edited:

jdub_atl

Passed Driver's Ed
Custom sounds awsome, sorry if this sounds really dumb, but where would i got to get something like that done?

Try to find a local VW club/group. Hangd out and float the question around.

Google works well too. The regional boards on the tex and here also could be a great resource....

JimmyT

Redneck Engineer
Car(s)
2011 135i
GHL just announced that they will introduce an exhaust system for the R at Waterfest...

SlyOne

SlyOne
Car(s)
VW GOLF R32 2008
Stock. Dont go ruining a beautiful car.

Eventually ur going to sell it and lose all ur money uve put into it.

Just be happy with what it is, If you want faster then save ur money and buy a faster car.

Totally agree, I couldn't have said it any better.:thumbsup: