GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help me reach my goal

HiveMind

Event Horizon
Car(s)
CW 2006 GTI
Yes, yes I searched and came up with some answers but first let me tell you what my goal is.

I want my car to sit right around 270hp. Obviously, not 270whp because that would be insane and mostly unatainable.

Regardless, what I have found so far is that I will need:

-Stage 2 chip (not sure what route to go as of yet)
-Exhaust (planning on purchasing a TT Turboback exhaust)
-Intake (I have EVOMS already)
-lots of decals......

However, I haven't seen much factual data that people with similar stuff have attained those results.

I found a thread where someone had like 225-230whp after stage 2 so maybe it is possible after all.

Anyways, here are the things I want people to help me out with.

1. Are my goals a good idea for a car that I plan to daily drive?
2. Will the chip push the car too much, so as to increase the likelyhood of repairs? (I think I read that someone is going through their DV valves like crazy due to boost)
3. Simply put, are these goals attainable? Or do I need to look at purchasing extra things to make it there?

Any help would be appreciated :thumbup:

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Put it on a dynojet, over inflate your tires, spray the intercooler with nos, make sure the temp is around 55 degrees with a little humidity, run a race gas map. Dyno queen ready to go!

Okay seriously. 225-230whp is reasonable for stage 2+. The rule of thumb, the more power you make, the more stress the drivetrain takes. Yep, read plenty of DV issues too. I hope Forge comes out with their solution soon.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
270bhp should be doable with the right chip, tbe, and intake.

blackgti06

"My Fast"
Car(s)
2006 MKV Gti
stage 2 chip, tbe, intake, fmic and your off 270 crank no problem

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
who makes cams for our cars? also nos is a brand name. and you spray your intercooler with CO2, its also cheeper.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
GIAC Hammer chip, high-flow cat, down pipe, full 2.5" exhaust... should be pretty close.

HiveMind

Event Horizon
Car(s)
CW 2006 GTI
sweet guys, I'm excited :)

Who makes a front mount intercooler? I thought these cars came with one?

Hong Chau

Banned
:laughabove: :bellyroll:
we all know that each decal adds 5 HP!!!!

my07blkgti

I'll do it!!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
you should reach your goal with a stage 2 chip, TBE, and a intake, but also invest in the fix for the PCV because they go sometimes on chipped cars, and when forge comes out with the fix for the DV get that also and our cars also run through the DV when our cars are stock sometimes so its a good investment chipped or not