GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help me grow my work page please.

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
Hey guys.
As many of you know , for 6 years now I have been running a mobile alloy wheel repair company here in the south coast of Spain. Due to endless amounts of work and wheels that are not due for a "quick repair" I am now expanding into a garage to offer a powder coating service as well as wet painting which I use at the moment.
Obviously being so far from most if you I can't offer my service hands on but I certainly don't mind helping you on a DIY job if you are trying your self at home.
If you would be so kind to click the link in my sig followed by hitting the like button at the top to help my work page grow and let me get found quicker when using google search.
I get lots of pm's and emails from other golfmkv users asking how to -and 90% of the time I have been able to talk the person through the process to getting his /her wheels fixed and to an expectable finish(not my hands)
When it comes to the actual page I try not to be overkill with alloy after alloy on the home page so I do post a lot of other car related stuff. To take a look at my actual work to date have a quick scan through the timeline and click the photos tab to take a look through the different albums.
Thanks to all my fellow golfmkv users that have already done so :thumbsup: it's much appreciated.
Regards elliott @ WheelFixItSpain.com

Last edited:

.:R32D2

Big Brown Truck Driver
Car(s)
MKV R32
Good work! Those BMW wheels, what a difference.
And that wrench, wtf!?

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
Thanks people, but don't forget to hit the main like button at the top of the page.
87 views but only a few likes:iono:. Come on guys, I know you can do better than that.:biggrin:

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
Somewhat related question i've wanted to know the answer to; when you have a polished aluminum wheel with curb rash, how is that fixed in the field? Is there some sort of filler that you use or is the affected area just sanded smooth? How does that affect the lip profile?

It really depend but more likely than not it is just sanded away but in level amounts:the whole lip in an even manner not just attacking the damaged area on its own. You have to remember a normal parking rash is actually only 1 or 2 mm deap. Of coarse if it is bad and chunks are missing and extremely deep then yes we will weld but that's where it gets a little tricky as you have to be sure to use similar grades of aluminium rods when welding as to what the lip/rim is made up from orrigonaly a:not to weaken the structure of the alloy using the wrong rods and b: so you can blend it in and repolish so the naked eye does not pic it up.
But the short answer to your question is it is normaly all rubbed down smooth the repolished to the finish of the oem style or the clients requirements.

Thanks for likes people. Keep them coming!