GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help identifying sensor/oil leak

twiceshy

Hi everyone!
I'm trying to find the source of an oil leak on my Mk5 GTi DSG but I'm not
having much luck so hoping someone here can help!:smile:
The oil collects in a small puddle just beside the DSG oil cooler below the vacuum pump (see photo) every 600 miles or so.
I've degreased everything a few times and tried the talcum powder test
but it's not helping. I've ruled out the vacuum pump and PCV piping etc.
I've ordered the N205 valve as I noticed oil on this recently too.
The oil that collects is definitely engine oil too, not DSG or coolant.
Can anyone help me identify the sensor in the picture as I suspect this also, I can't find it on ETKA..
Any other tips of what could be leaking here?

thank you for any help!

Attachments

• leak info.jpg
    leak info.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 6,466

twiceshy

Wow man, fast response! thanks for the tip! Is this common on them? I'm still learning my way around the car! I only have the car a few months but it was sitting unused for about 8 months before I bought it.

Crindle

Thanks for the post guys. If anyone looked at my link I had pictures. I was getting extreme oil usage. Like past the normal even for this car. Would a bad n205 sensor and a leak from the vacuum housing cause me to go through 5qts in like 3 to 4k miles?

I have no pooling of oil on the car. Didn't see any oil around cam position sensor or filler cap, valve cover.

Pc v is a revision p, I will try blow test on it later, I did the dipstick thing.

Any ideas let me know.

I haven't had white or blue smoke either.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Does the car smoke? It could be the rings are worn out if there isn't a big puddle under the car.

Crindle

There is no pooling under the car, and I haven't noticed any white or blue smoke. After I take care of this I might look at the valve cover, can the diverter leak anything?

What's best way to check for smoke have someone follow u? Thanks.

ShiDub

Car(s)
2007 VW gti
DE565B18-13DD-4107-AA59-20B732535004.png
I had oil leaking from vacuum pump and it melted through this wire casing - when I wiggle it my headlights flicker and it triggers the e brake light to come on and blink. Car won’t turn over, it just clicks as if the battery was dead but it’s not, something is shorting out. I need to know what these wires are to?? Please 🙏🏼

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
View attachment 266468I had oil leaking from vacuum pump and it melted through this wire casing - when I wiggle it my headlights flicker and it triggers the e brake light to come on and blink. Car won’t turn over, it just clicks as if the battery was dead but it’s not, something is shorting out. I need to know what these wires are to?? Please 🙏🏼
That doesn't look too bad, just open up the plastic sheath and fix whatever broke. If it's just the insulation, wrap each one with 3M electrical tape.