GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help. Experiencing power loss under load

SRTthis

NJ 2 FL
Car(s)
2010 370Z
Recently I have been experiencing a sudden power loss intermitently at around 1700-2300rpms under light acceleration. I lose all power for a split second and then its back to normal. I currently have 103k miles. neuspeed pflow intake. cat back exhaust, vf motor mounts, revo stage 1. I am also noticing a strange whistle sound almost like a "ooo" sound while in 4th accelerating and it only is there at 2000 rpms then disapears. My timing does need to be done. I have never replaced my coilpacks. Replaced my DV about 5k ago.

This issue has only been happening for the past 150 miles or so. around the same time i changed my oil. anyone have a clue what this could be. sorry for the vague description.

*i have also never changed my fuel filter and my car is an early 07 with manual trans.

vagike

original spark plugs?

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
sounds like a light fuel cut. check the fuel pump out.

SoulSnatcher

Passed Driver's Ed
I would change the fuel filter if its due and check if low pressure fuel pump is working by opening ur drivers side door and have someone listen to see if it functions. There is a contact switch in ur door that activates the pump.

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
oh yes, def change fuel filter too if you haven't done it in 120k miles!

SRTthis

NJ 2 FL
Car(s)
2010 370Z
thanks. low pressure is working from that test. the fuel filter probably needs changing. im unsure if that would create a random power cut at that rpm. i am also hearing that odd noise at 2k while under light acceleration in 4th

Alexiscoolbitches

Fortified with biscuits
Bump for results. Did a fuel filter change help this? I started having the same problem at 3-4k rpms and got a cel too. I'm bone stock with freshly changed plugs and coils. The problem just started this evening.