GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HELP!! Electric auxiliary cooling pump not working

Chumeta

Passed Driver's Ed
I don´t get any fault with the vcds, but when I stop it does not work as it did before. I have changed the pump and it still does not work. I´m scared because your mission is to cool the turbo when stopping. Any ideas? Thanks. Sorry for my English

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
I have done test with the vcds and it does it well as if it works correctly, but it does not work or give error code. thanks

So when you did the output test for the coolant pump from the Ecu did you hear or feel the pump working. The pump only uses a ground and power through a relay controlled by Ecu. You did not state what car you are working on but you need to find the wiring diagrams for it and see how the coolant punp is wired and what fuses & relays etc are used in the circuit.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
EA113 engine
To prevent carbon build-up on the turbine shaft in the turbocharger, an auxiliary coolant pump(V50) provides additional coolant circulation for a certain time after the engine is shut off hot.

EA888gen1
After-Run Coolant Pump V51 protects the turbocharger bearings from overheating after engine shut-off. The pump is activated by the engine control module based on programmed characteristic maps.

Chumeta

Passed Driver's Ed
So when you did the output test for the coolant pump from the Ecu did you hear or feel the pump working. The pump only uses a ground and power through a relay controlled by Ecu. You did not state what car you are working on but you need to find the wiring diagrams for it and see how the coolant punp is wired and what fuses & relays etc are used in the circuit.
No, when I do the output test for the pump I hear only the relay, but the pump does not work. The vcds does not detect that it does not work and does not fail, but it does not work

Chumeta

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for your help, do you have anybody electrical diagram of operation, fuse or any other information? Remember to change the pump and it still won't work. Thank you

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Yes I can send you one for the '07 GTI with BPY, BWA.

Last edited:

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
If you are hearing the relay in the fuse/relay box buy battery you will have to check if you have power at the relay terminal and see if the wiring that the power goes out on from the relay is functional and that you also have a good ground at the plug for coolant pump.

Sent you a PM for wiring diagrams