GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help diagnosing my vehicle.

Haltato

Car(s)
2016 MK7
Greetings from the States, just made my account and recently joined the VW club. I used to stick with Saabs but they've become too far and few in between and getting parts.... well that's another story. So I've moved to the GTI's. I'm no mechanic (although my dad is) but I've done my fair share of work under the hood. I generally like maintaining my own vehicles because its cheaper and I can bond with my car.

My issue

A few days ago I clipped a curb bad. Took a big chunk out of my tire (right side). Now ever since then I notice a sound from the right side especially when I lean into right turns. Obviously its louder the longer I drive and I'm thinking its a CV join or a ball bearing. I don't really get too much noise going straight. I'm going to jack up the today and look. But I have a big trip this weekend and wanna fix it before I take off.

Any help is appreciated. I hope I posted this in the right place. Thanks.

Haltato

Car(s)
2016 MK7
Here are some pictures. Thought maybe it was the rotor heat shield but it seems fine. Nothing stuck out when I looked.
IMG_20200916_094752.jpg

IMG_20200916_094803.jpg
IMG_20200916_094924.jpg
IMG_20200916_094916.jpg

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Not seeing something obvious in the pics.
Is the sound a constant rotational noise? Or a constantly and repeating clunking noise? Is it a more of a clanking metal grind or a deeper toned thud? Can you make a sound vid?
Some more description may be helpful as these questions will likely be asked anyhow.

Haltato

Car(s)
2016 MK7
No its not very loud yet, but its definitely there. Its a consistent rotational noise. Kinda sounds like metal on metal but not high pitched. Like a deep tone that increases in sound when I turn right. I would make a sound vid but my exhaust drowns it out. I have to throw her in neutral when turning to really hear it.