GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello

archway

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
I have just registered here, does anyone have anything else other than a GTI!?

I recently ordered my new Golf, which I should be picking up on 1st Sep when the new plates come out. I will be using it a lot for work, so went for the sensible option of a TDI rather than GTI like I currently have in Mark IV. Anyway, I went for:

2.0 TDI
New GT trim
DSG gearbox
Perl Black
Winter Pack
Carpet Mats
Front Arm Rest

Interested to hear of peoples thoughts on the DSG gearbox. When test driving it I thought it was the nuts and it will certainly be a God send when sitting on the M25 every day.

Ram_Kev

Derbyshires Finest!
I haven't got mine yet either but I test drove the 2.0TDi in a Seat Leon - man that had so much grunt it was untrue, I would have taken a manual with that power plant but if it works for you happy motoring

I guess the UK Waiting list for a GTi is still huge as well? 14 -16 weeks I was quoted on an Import to Ireland.

I loved the DSG and can't wait for Aug 1st

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
hey mate! congrats on the TDI!!! i think we should all have a meet somewhere... like.. mid country!!

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
nice, you do realise your gona have about 170hp under the bonnet and that cool new GT styling with the double exhausts. good car!

snoopy

Touring Car Newbie
Are you getting the 140 or 170 GT TDI? :thumbsup:

To answer your question Sorry i only have 2 GTIs at the moment but if VW when they bring there new common rail TDI engine range out in a few years if they make a rival to the Fiat designed/built twin turbo 212bhp 1.9 TDI unit that Vauxhall and Fiat will be using i will have a TDI next.

archway

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
I only went for the 140, I thought that would be enough for me. It certainly should be quicker than my current mark IV 2.0 "GTI" (in badge only").

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
yeah i beleive the 2 litre GTI only had 115hp under the bonnet. not the quickest of cars. nice looking tho.

just wanted to know, what does DPF mean? thats what it says on the site.

Steve Payne

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a GTI with DSG on order. I have been advised that it goes into build start of September and that I should have it by end of September - which will be the 12 weeks initially quoted at order. Did not even drive a manual - just love the idea of the DSG with some flappy paddles (big kid i know) - and was very impressed on the test drive with the smoothness of the gearbox - and hey if its quicker than the manual then im happy :) Will make sure I post some pictures when I get it. If anyone knows of any meets etc then please let me know as will be happy to come along :)

andymk5

Go Kart Newbie
I have got the 1.6 Sport. I've put the R32 alloys (New style) on it. Looks sick! I will be posting photos soon. I'll have to do it on some else's computer as I've got a Mac and for some reason doesn't want to load the images!!