GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

janz3n

Car(s)
2011 golf 2.5L
hello!
just to start, im a honda guy, been driving a honda for like 15 + years. ive always had a strong hatred for german cars. my dad owned a 2001 audi a4 and i refused to work on it even though im a automotive tech. i currently own a 2015 civic si and needed a new winter car so i started my search a couple months ago. by the way, i live in canada. i work at a chrysler dealership and noticed a new trade in and it was offered to me for a great deal so i had to buy it. 2011 golf 2.5L

im not a fan of the tripes but my 6 year old son loves them.
looking forward to modifying this car. so far ive just done some maintenance. looking to lower it on some h&r sport springs on the stock struts, really want to get rid of the stock air box for an aftermarket intake. and currently trying to find some 18" rims since i have a set of 225/40/18 winter tires from my civic that i dont use anymore.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Welcome to the forum. Nice looking Golf and Si.

I’m a former Honda guy too but wanted to experience German car ownership myself. Not as easy to work on as Honda’s and you need more tools but it’s rewarding.

Laterz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI MK7.5
Sorry, didnt know of this thread, so I just jumped right in. I'm new to performance cars, been driving family cars last 30 years. Grew up around muscle/classic cars. Became interested after watching Top Gear and Grand Tour. Amazed and the engineering and science. Anyways bought my GTI a year ago, love taking care of it and driving it. I especially like the "tinker" factor, just bought some more tools today!
40210.jpeg
Got a lot to learn, and thank everyone for being so helpful.

Tim2K20GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
I didn't know that this thread existed until today. 😁 I joined after buying my first VW, a 2020 GTI SE, earlier this month.

I've owned a lot of different cars over the years, including 3 C5 Corvettes, BMW, MB and a 2007 Audi A3 S-Line that I still own. The Audi is what brought me to the GTI. I've really enjoyed that car and wanted a modern version of it. Since Audi doesn't sell the A3 hatch in the USA any more :mad:, the GTI was the perfect choice for my new car. I don't do much work on my cars any more but I still like to tinker a little bit with it.

Here's my GTI after getting the windows tinted yesterday:

AfterTint.jpg

I'm hoping to learn a lot from all of the very knowledgeable people here.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
I didn't know that this thread existed until today. 😁 I joined after buying my first VW, a 2020 GTI SE, earlier this month.

I've owned a lot of different cars over the years, including 3 C5 Corvettes, BMW, MB and a 2007 Audi A3 S-Line that I still own. The Audi is what brought me to the GTI. I've really enjoyed that car and wanted a modern version of it. Since Audi doesn't sell the A3 hatch in the USA any more :mad:, the GTI was the perfect choice for my new car. I don't do much work on my cars any more but I still like to tinker a little bit with it.

Here's my GTI after getting the windows tinted yesterday:

View attachment 186630

I'm hoping to learn a lot from all of the very knowledgeable people here.

Welcome and congrats!

Step one wheels and lower it. ;)

Chisel_86

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2010 GTI
Seems like this thread is a little hidden from the newbies, lol.

Some of you may have seen my post about my newly acquired '10 GTI, but let me officially introduce myself. I'm Mark and I live in Houston, TX. I've been into VW's my while life, mainly air-cooled dubs, and I also own a 1972 Super Beetle with some Porsche flair. Bought it in high school, learned how to work on it with guidance from my dad, and haven't stopped doing stuff to it since. Lol.
Super2.jpg
Super1.jpg

I've also been into Mercedes and have owned a couple prior to getting into the water-cooled dub scene. Here are a couple of pics of them as well.
'99 C230 and '07 E63 AMG
202F.jpg
202R.jpg

PBWP0494.JPG
YFXR1265.JPG

I hope to learn a lot from all you guys and it's already been fun. :cool:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Seems like this thread is a little hidden from the newbies, lol.

Some of you may have seen my post about my newly acquired '10 GTI, but let me officially introduce myself. I'm Mark and I live in Houston, TX. I've been into VW's my while life, mainly air-cooled dubs, and I also own a 1972 Super Beetle with some Porsche flair. Bought it in high school, learned how to work on it with guidance from my dad, and haven't stopped doing stuff to it since. Lol.
View attachment 196912View attachment 196913
I've also been into Mercedes and have owned a couple prior to getting into the water-cooled dub scene. Here are a couple of pics of them as well.
'99 C230 and '07 E63 AMG
View attachment 196914View attachment 196915

View attachment 196916View attachment 196917

I hope to learn a lot from all you guys and it's already been fun. :cool:
Welcome to the forum.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I have been posting here for a few months, and never knew this thread existed until tonight. Anywho, my name is Mike and my 2016 GTI S is my first GTI and VW ever. The GTI has always been on the list of dream cars that I could actually afford, and the stars had aligned over the summer (and the wife said yes)....so I ditched my dreadfully dull and depressing Dart I was driving around and picked up what is hands down the most fun car I have ever driven. I really dig how the community is around the car as well. I love to dive in to anything I am interested in and there is so much info out there and so many conversations to be had.

Attachments

• IMG_0052.JPEG
    IMG_0052.JPEG
    1.9 MB · Views: 226
  • IMG_0061.JPEG
    IMG_0061.JPEG
    1 MB · Views: 222