GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

Mad Machine GTI

Hello

Hello,

New to the forum and thought I'd introduce myself. Picked up a '12 2DR Shadow Blue GTI a few weeks ago and loving it so far. Car is all stock, haven't decided which mods to start with yet. Had a '00 GTI VR6 years ago, which was a blast to drive. After bouncing between a few BMW's [E46 and E90], I came to appreciate the practicality of the VW GTI's. Hoping to find good info on these boards!

A few pics:

w0n

Hello all, and greetings from the other side of the world in Malaysia. Joined the forum to learn more about the mk6, as well as get some inspiration and ideas for my car.

Although I have a full-time job, I run a design company with some friends (we work on anything from biscuit boxes to building complex websites), dabble in some basic automotive photography, and occasionally, I test cars.

Anyway, I got into the dub-side late 2012 (Polo GTI), and recently got my hands on a stock 2012 Golf GTI. Didn't take me more than 24 hours to change the 'stock' bit ;-)

jess--87

Hi,
I'm a newbie.. Jess from Carlisle (North UK)

I have a bluemotion 1.6 tdi (Not as flashy as some of you guys) but I love her :)
Pretty awesome reading the forum, lots of ideas and very nice cars!

Last edited:

ClaytonBrown

Ready to race!
Hey-Oh

Just closed on the deal last night and full on lovin' this GTI :happyanim:. Have never owned a car that even remotely came close to giving me the feeling this car gives me. So glad a dealer insisted I test drove one a month ago. Didn't buy that one, had to do my due diligence, but absolutely thrilled with what I ended up with, a 2013 GTI Autobahn DSG. Might do some mods, might not, seems solid as is. Cheers and thanks for having me, -Clayton

KramNella

New guy to the Golfmk6 Forums. Had a MKIV a long while ago and have had my MKVI for just over a year now. I've done a few small cosmetic mods but after lurking here for quite some time I can't help the fact that I want to go all out with it now. I drive the car a few times a week along with the 2016 A4 I just picked up. Having the GTI in manual makes it a little more of a fun drive too and from work. Located in southern NJ - I've gone to a few Cars and Coffee events run by High Octane South Jersey on Route 73 in Marlton.

Basics:

2012 Tornado Red Coupe
6-Speed Manual
Picked it up from an AutoLenders in Southern New Jersey

Mods.

K&N Drop in Filter
GTI seat wrench emblems
Tartan trunk logo decal
Weighted Red Billet Shift Knob
Tint all around
SilverStar ZXE Bulbs
Nokya Yellow Fog Bulbs
Carista App - Windows with Remote/Fogs as DRL/Gauge Sweep
Euro Switch

Looking to do coilovers, wheels, exhaust sometime soon. Still on the fence about intakes - So much conflicting information on them all.

Last edited:

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
:happyanim:To those I've quoted and to all the new members who've joined prior, Welcome! :thumbup:​

Hey, everyone. New guy here from DC, stepping out of the lurking shadows. New to the GTI, just picked up a 2012 CW Autobahn 4D stick a few weeks ago. Bonus: already came with APR Stage 1 and exhaust (dealer had no idea car was lightly modded)....

Hey guys, my name is Blake I'm new here - but not so new to the world of car forums and passionate gearheads. As a result, I figured I'd get myself set up while I still get to know my new ride....

Hey everyone my name is Mike,

I bought my 2011 VW Golf 2.5L two month ago. It was a fast buy after my MINI Cooper S got a crack in the block. I been slowly liking my Golf more each day, just miss the handling of my MINI....

You can follow me on instagram @CZ_MATE

Hello,

New to the forum and thought I'd introduce myself. Picked up a '12 2DR Shadow Blue GTI a few weeks ago and loving it so far. Car is all stock, haven't decided which mods to start with yet. Had a '00 GTI VR6 years ago, which was a blast to drive. After bouncing between a few BMW's [E46 and E90], I came to appreciate the practicality of the VW GTI's. Hoping to find good info on these boards!...

Hello all, and greetings from the other side of the world in Malaysia. Joined the forum to learn more about the mk6, as well as get some inspiration and ideas for my car...

Hello, just picket up my TDI the other day. Though I would join yet another forum...

Hi,
I'm a newbie.. Jess from Carlisle (North UK)

I have a bluemotion 1.6 tdi (Not as flashy as some of you guys) but I love her :)
Pretty awesome reading the forum, lots of ideas and very nice cars!

Just closed on the deal last night and full on lovin' this GTI :happyanim:. Have never owned a car that even remotely came close to giving me the feeling this car gives me. So glad a dealer insisted I test drove one a month ago. Didn't buy that one, had to do my due diligence, but absolutely thrilled with what I ended up with, a 2013 GTI Autobahn DSG...

New guy to the Golfmk6 Forums. Had a MKIV a long while ago and have had my MKVI for just over a year now. I've done a few small cosmetic mods but after lurking here for quite some time I can't help the fact that I want to go all out with it now. I drive the car a few times a week along with the 2016 A4 I just picked up. Having the GTI in manual makes it a little more of a fun drive too and from work. Located in southern NJ - I've gone to a few Cars and Coffee events run by High Octane South Jersey on Route 73 in Marlton.

The_Squire

Hey Hey

After I broke up with my girlfriend of 7 years, I started hanging out with someone who was a diehard VW guy, and he pretty much introduced me not just to cars and VW, but the "dub life." He had this sexy candy white mkv gti crushed, 3" straight pipe, 12" subwoofer, tinted windows... The thing gave me hard-ons. Needless to say, I was hooked.

My first car was an '02 Civic Si hatchback (don't even start lol). Had that thing for about 6 months then randomly saw an 07 Sage Green Rabbit on Autotrader and bought it the next day, ditching my Honda. Then back in April I snagged a certified '12 CSM GTI and I still have both.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
After I broke up with my girlfriend of 7 years, I started hanging out with someone who was a diehard VW guy, and he pretty much introduced me not just to cars and VW, but the "dub life." He had this sexy candy white mkv gti crushed, 3" straight pipe, 12" subwoofer, tinted windows... The thing gave me hard-ons. Needless to say, I was hooked.

My first car was an '02 Civic Si hatchback (don't even start lol). Had that thing for about 6 months then randomly saw an 07 Sage Green Rabbit on Autotrader and bought it the next day, ditching my Honda. Then back in April I snagged a certified '12 CSM GTI and I still have both.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2011 GTI
First Real Car

Well when I turned 16 I used whatever car was available with my parents so it'd either be a 2001 Toyota 4runner, but when i was lucky I could drive my sisters newer 2008 Nissan Sentra. Hey being 16 I didn't care what I drove as long as I was driving. That all ended when about 2 years ago when I smashed my sister's car into a utility pole cause a deer hopped out and instead of hitting the damn thing i swerved into the pole.
After that they had to look into getting my sister another car because she had a job she had to commute to. After they got that settled we looked for me. After my cousin got a Mk5 Gti I had fallen in love with so I started looking for Gtis but couldn't find one with lower miles in my so I started looking at other cars until my dad came home and said would you want a Gti? My cousin in Massachusetts was selling his Mk6 and knew I was looking for a car so we agreed on a price. Thats how I got my 2011 Gti DSG for $14,000 and only 38k miles. Been driving it for a year and loving it.
Just a couple days ago I finally convinced my parents to let modify my car so I am saving up for an intake and hopefully going stage one around Spring. This is my first post, but I will definitely be posting a ton!:thumbup:

SuperSkyline891

Passed Driver's Ed
I've been on GolfMkV for almost two years now. I don't own a Mk6 but since so many parts are common between the two generations I decided to sign up here also.

I own a 2008 3-door GTI that I'm building into a track car. I've done a lot of chassis work over the past two years. I'm going to spend next year doing fine tuning, long term I'm going for a time attack style with a full aero package.

All the details are in my build thread linked in my sig for anyone that's interested.

raik0

Checking in from Boston here! I come from a long line of American muscle drivers (bought a Mustang at 17), but city life makes owning one a huge pain. I bought my '11 DSG Autobahn after someone totaled my '11 Mazda 3 in October. The Mazda was zippy and corners were a hell of a lot of fun, so I knew I wanted to increase that thrill with a turbo, but I didn't want a manual being in the city... living on a steep hill... with winter coming.

This is my first VW and my first turbo. It's not in bad shape, but the previous owner didn't take great care of the exterior and I didn't get a chance to do anything beyond a wash/wax before the cold set in. So far I've replaced the window tint and picked up some plaid resin seat lever inserts, 'cause hey, there has to be plaid somewhere on this thing, right?