GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

4WDComplex

Hey, I picked up my Golf R late in August. I traded my 2013 FR-S in on it. I had a Trailblazer SS AWD that I sold in July, I got the Trailblazer in trade for a E60 tuned Cobalt SS turbo in December 2012. Had to consolidate the cars down now that I'm getting out of the army after 7 year on active duty. I've been out of the car scene for almost two years now. I went to H20i this year and am super glad I'm getting back into the tuner scene.

4WDComplex

Nice! Good collection of cars there. Impressions of the R compared to them?

butchered by autocorrecr

The Balt was a beast, 370whp and over 400lbft on light mods, no need for fuel upgrade in the GM DI setup to run 60% ethanol. Broke lose at 60 on kdw2's. Grenaded the tranny and got it replaced under warranty. The trailblazer was great too, never modded it just drove it for about a year. The FR-S wasn't for me needed way to much money to be dumped into it to make it fast plus the cabin wasn't designed for larger white people, I'm 6ft and it was cramped. The R came with stage 1+ pump and it's a beast, all traction all the time. It's interior is on par and a little better then the trailblazer. I just need to get used to AWD launches

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2013 GTI
Time for the intro,

I upgraded to a 2013 GTI drivers edition at the end of August. Got the car from a local Chevrolet dealer, initially i went there just to test drive the car. After some negotiating deal was made. Crazy thing is they paid for my APR stage 1 tune. I told them that i had doubts about getting the car, since my MK4 GTI was a lot torquier. It had a unitronic stage 1+ tune.

Current mods : APR Stage 1, aFe drop in, Suntek Carbon 55 tint.
Future mods: intake (neuspeed or carbonio), DG springs, exhaust.

No i don't have a R32 , wish i did (MK4). lol

Last edited:

Rand0m0sityxX

Hello! Im Nicole. We picked up our gti this past week. My husband is a huge German fan, but his beamer is out of reach. We spotted our gti at my Subaru lot and figured we needed to grab it.

I drive a WRX. The GTI is his and hes loving it!

Mick

Hello Everyone :bow:

Just joined upto the forum as I just purchased a mk6 golf GTD last week :D

My name is Mick, and I am an engineer from Glasgow, I work for Albion Automotive Ltd. which is a subsidiary of AAM. I also co-own and run a uk based detailing forum, so I hope to pass on some knowledge of cleaning and detailing to anyone who requires it.

My car is booked into VW tomorrow to have the woeful MDI iPod cable static addressed, but I'm sure ill be picking all your brains in the coming weeks, so Hi again :thumbsup:

Heres a quick pic of my car:

Cheers for now,

Mick

WAP

Go Kart Champion
^Welcome Mick!

neutheory

Hello All! I picked up the last of the 2014 GTI's in May and just now starting mods. I live in Austin,TX, love cars and been customizing them (in all shapes and sizes) my whole life. I've read tons of great info on here and appreciate all the knowledge and enthusiasm.

Candy white, 4 dr, DE, 6spd, leather, sunroof. I also have a Range Rover Classic and some cafe bikes I'm building. It's stock right now (minus splash guard removal) but know where I'm headed with my mods. Revamped MKVI with photos to come over the next month.

Jeff

Last edited:

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Welcome! You found the best VW forums on the interwebs.

Post pics of all your vehicles.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Welcome! You found the best VW forums on the interwebs.

Post pics of all your vehicles.

Agreed. This has to be one of the most active forums as far as automobiles go. There's a plethora of information here.

Here's my "build thread", which is mostly a journal. The first post gives an in-depth introduction. http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73633

9 months with my Mk6, 5,550 miles so far, loved it the same since day one. :D

eli.garner.3

Hi all. This is my first VW that I've owned. During my childhood, my mom has had multiple vw bugs and buses all ranging from the 60's and very early 70's.
What REALLY influenced me to buy my vw was my best friend. He is huge on vws and takes his dapper 2004 R32 out to shows and contests.
2 and a half weeks ago I purchased this gem. 2014 GTI Wolfsburg edition. It's has everything I wanted. The classic plaid seats. 4 doors. Booming sound system.
It just.so happened to be owned by a rich couple before me. They traded it in for a 2015. So with 5,500 miles on it makes it a used 2014 GTI. I think I can live with that!