GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

MMANIAK

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
09' GTI mkV
Hi. Luis here. 1st time having a tornado red 2009 vw gti w/ thunderbunny kit & autobahn pkg.... LOVE IT!!!! pics soon.

MrClean

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2010 VW GTI 4dr
Hi. Luis here. 1st time having a tornado red 2009 vw gti w/ thunderbunny kit & autobahn pkg.... LOVE IT!!!! pics soon.

Hey Luis!

Great choice!

Look fwd to seeing the pics of the Thunderbunny kit.

Gary

MofoG23

Ready to race!
Hey guys - my name is Eric and our current GTI would be the 4th VW in the last 12 years. My experience with VW goes all the way back to when my close friend brought home a 1974 super beetle (we were 16 at the time), then a few years later he bought a slightly modified MK2 GTI - that thing was fun to drive!

When it came time for me to buy my first NEW car, I purchased a 99 GTI 2.0 5spd (my first manual). A couple years later, I met my wife at a Jimmy Buffett concernt - she was driving a 99 Beetle. Fast forward a couple years...we saw the new MK V GTI coming out and immediately went to the dealer to find one of the last MK IV's (neither of us liked the MK V styling). This was my wifes first 5spd which I taught her how to drive (that was a LONG week). Fast forward a couple more years, we got married and are expecting our first child. 3 weeks ago we brought home our newest VW, a 2010 GTI 4dr 6spd - the family hauler for my wife. After driving a manual for several years, she will never buy another car that is not a manual. The dealer loved the fact my wife wanted a 4 door GTI 6spd because she was having a baby... :lol:

Our GTI has the following options:
17" Denvers (Pittsburgh has some BAD roads), 6spd, Xenon, Autobahn package and is currently running 16" wheels with Blizzak WS 60's all the way around (winter mode).

Last edited:

JackReacher

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi, my name is Jon and I am looking to sell my '03 Civic Si and move into a GTI 4 door. Unfortunately I am getting older and I need something that works with a baby seat. I really enjoy my EP3 and have decided I am not going to get anything but a hatch in the future. The GTI basically adds the only things I felt were missing in my EP3 (4 doors and a 6th gear, the EP3 cruises at 4200rpm at 75mph). I am a bit nervous to get a VW based on friend's experiences with their reliability but I saw that the new model was a CR recommended model so I am willing to give it a shot.

DJohn

sorry for the quality - taken from my phone

Attachments

• IMAG0030.jpg
    IMAG0030.jpg
    395 KB · Views: 673
  • IMAG0031.jpg
    IMAG0031.jpg
    408.7 KB · Views: 679
  • IMAG0032.jpg
    IMAG0032.jpg
    402 KB · Views: 747
  • IMAG0034.jpg
    IMAG0034.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 645
  • IMAG0035.jpg
    IMAG0035.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 673
  • IMAG0037.jpg
    IMAG0037.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 655

s2kguy

Ready to race!
Greetings from the Dallas-Fort Worth area. My name is Gene. I just have to be the most senior GTI owner, since I hope to be 72 in March. That gives me plenty of time to have owned several VWs: a '68 Beetle, Scirroco II, 2001.5 Passat. I ordered my United Gray GTI in November and tracked it from Germany to Fort worth, where I bought it Jan 22nd.

My last two cars were Honda S2000s and a BMW Z3 before that. So I've had manual roadsters for the last 11 years. Got the DSG 4 dr this time, as arthritis in the right shoulder takes all pleasure from shifting. I was afraid I'd miss the S2000, but so far the GTI has made a great replacement. I enjoy every minute behind the wheel. Definitely a fun car to drive. With 12" of snow last week, I was pleased how well it handles the white stuff. We don't see that very often, and it was a record for DFW.

I'm a retired corporate pilot (Citation SII) and Learjet instructor. The picture on the left is me and John Travota on a flight to St. Thomas in his Citation II 20 years ago.

Last edited:

Chasing Neil

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey folks, name is neil and live in Los Angeles. I just purchased a fully loaded 4dr DSG CSG GTI (autobahn, navi, xenons, dyna, etc). I have to admit I really love the United Gray but after a month long search happily settled for a Carbon Steel.

My previous car was an '08 Infiniti G35 which was an excellent vehicle and an incredible value optioned out. I think that's where I went wrong with my purchase. I really didn't love the car and think I purchased it based on value when compared to other vehicles I cross-shopped (A4, 3series, IS, TL-S).

Anyway after close to 3 years of driving the car and being reminded more and more of the cargo limitations of the G35 (horrible trunk clearance, no rear seat split or fold down, and no pass through), I decided to passively look at various wagons and hatches. I wanted something where I could carry my boards and bike with and without a rack, and because fuel efficiency was also an important criteria SUVs were off the list.

I originally was set on the A3, but after seeing the likely upgrades for the '11 model version I planned on just holding tight and waiting till the summer. But, then while at the Audi dealership I happened to spot a new GTI. I never considered it before, but the car looks even better in person and immediately grabbed my attention while at the Audi dealership

Decided to take it for a test drive, and the improved quality is what stood out to me. It feels like they accomplished their goal in bringing the quality back to VW. The car felt solidly built all around and the layup of the dash was modern and well designed. What impressed me the most was the NVH improvements, and I can validate what's been read in countless reviews. It is on par to any entry level sports luxury sedan or coupe.

I do miss the power of my G35, but not the horrid fuel economy, 17 - 18 mpg (i did drive it hard). that said, i feel much more inspired driving the GTI. It's quick and nimble and just more enjoyable to drive.

On paper I had a hard time justifying spending over 30K on a VW GTI, but I wondered if it had an Audi badge on it whether I'd even think twice on pulling the trigger. Well, I think you know what I concluded.

I have friends that ridicule me for what they perceive as a "step down" and the perceived steep price I paid, but as soon as they actually sit in the car and later take her for a spin I see the wheels turning :p on whether they should make the same "step down"

jmchase76

Finally Got a couple of pics taken- I'll have to post more when it warms up and I get to swap the 16" snows out for the Black 18's.....

Matt

Attachments

• P2090729.jpg
    P2090729.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 650
  • P2130796.jpg
    P2130796.jpg
    355 KB · Views: 676
  • P2130807.jpg
    P2130807.jpg
    389.2 KB · Views: 685
  • P2130803.jpg
    P2130803.jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 642
  • P2130819.jpg
    P2130819.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 680

Randum

Go Kart Champion
First GTI and first new car

I think I posted a seperate thread but thought I would make it official.

I started driving by sharing a 1990 Audi 100 with my dad and knew the german car difference at this point. I then inherited a Pontiac Grand Am 1999, in college. great car for me, worked well-drove it to 94k miles last week and the transmission gave out...

The GTI has been on my radar for a very long time, and I took this opportunity to test drive one for the first time, along with some other german cars and nothing came close to the power and handling, not to mention the look of it.

I got a 2010 Black, 2 dr, GTI! Not too many upgrades other than the 18" wheels, but was suprised at the bells and whistles it did come with.

Now I have the factory warranty but I would like to squeeze some more power out of it, just need a safe way not to void any of my warranty on it! So any tips or suggestions are welcome, and I will be sure asking a ton of questions on the forums, and hopefully contributing as well. This is my first new car, and its quite a car!

MofoG23

Ready to race!
Finally Got a couple of pics taken- I'll have to post more when it warms up and I get to swap the 16" snows out for the Black 18's.....

Matt

Nice snow wheels - we have the same 16" snow wheels as well. What tires are you running?

Here is a picture of our CW with those wheels and WS60's.

Attachments

• gtisnowtire.jpg
    gtisnowtire.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 563

defaultx

Hi Guys,

My name's Ben and I'm located in Sydney Australia. I've previously owned a 1979 BMW 323i and 2004 Toyota Corolla. I've always been a big fan of the Golf GTI's and yesterday the dream became reality! I've got a new MK6 GTI arriving in mid to late March with the following specs:

- DSG
- Deep Black
- Leather
- Sat Nav
- Reverse Cam (wasn't fussed about this but was on the car VW have coming in already)
- Bi-Xenons
- 18" Detroit Wheels

Cannot wait to pick it up! My plans are to get a few thousand km's up on the car and wear it in properly and then I want to get the APR Stage I kit as well as their new exhaust system.

Cheers, Ben

FN in MT

Ready to race!
Greetings...

Frank out in Montana.

Just took delivery of a 2010 GTI, United Grey, cloth, manual trans, 18" alloys, sunroof, dynaudio and the Bi-Xenon lights.

Funny thing was I was NOT shopping for the GTI. I'd originally wanted a decent little econo box simply to save fuel....as a run to town for us is 90-100 miles rd trip.

Stopped at the VW Dealer and opened up a GTI and sat in it. WOW! What an interior! Got out looked at the pricetag and almost fell over. I'm looking for something in thhe $17K range!

Ended up driving it and that was all it took. THE selling point for me was that it reminded me of the old BMW 2002 sedans I had in the 1970's. Same revvy engine, go kart flickability, great seats, good view of traffic, etc.

Seems like a nice forum, all sorts of good information. I'm sure i'll be asking some questions.

FN in MT

2010 GTI
2009 Kubota 2620
2004 Ducati Monster
2004 BMW R1200GS
1998 Chev Tahoe 4x4
1983 BMW R-65

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
Just got one yesterday....

2010 Carbon Steel, 4 door, DSG, Autobahn, Xenon, Dynaudio. Only put 100 miles on it so far....but I'm really pleased with the car.

My last few vehicles were a 2000 Civic, 2002 Ford Ranger, 2004 Nissan Titan, 2006 Maxima, 2008 FJ Cruiser. As you can see, I get a new car every 2 years. I think I might keep this GTI longer than that:thumbsup:

Dont have a mod list yet, as I have only had the car for less than 24 hours.....but my dealership sells/installs UNITRONIC.....hmmmmm.

vWicky

Hey....Im new to the site.....I got my first VW.....a 2010 GTI, back in November 2009.
I had a 2002 Audi S4 and a 2006 Lexus IS350 before the GTI......

I always missed the way my Audi drove compared to the Lexus. So when I needed to get a new car and spend a little less....the GTI was the perfect choice.....

I first got into VW/Audi because of an Uncle of mine who had a 94 VW Corrado VR6.....i fell in love with the car at the age of 9.....i still would love to buy one as a project car one day......
My plans for the future are to chip it, short shifter, and install a nav system and a reverse camera....Here's a pic of my GTI......