GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Heating problems on GT Sport

Scud

Car(s)
Mkv GT Sport TDI
My heating on the car takes forever to get warm. Even before this cold weather it took about 15-20 mins to get slightly warm. Any ideas what it is and what can be changed to make it better?

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Does this car not have an electrical auxiliary air heater seeing its a TDI. May want to Vcds this vehicle to confirm and pull DTC if any.

vwengineer

Ready to race!
Yes, a generic ODB scanner will only show engine codes, if it's the auxiliary heater the fault is stored in the HVAC control module, you need VCDS/ODB11 to read that. So you mean your engine gets at temperature but it still blows cold air? Did you check the coolant level (if the coolant is low, the heater core is generally the first to get empty).

Scud

Car(s)
Mkv GT Sport TDI
Yes, a generic ODB scanner will only show engine codes, if it's the auxiliary heater the fault is stored in the HVAC control module, you need VCDS/ODB11 to read that. So you mean your engine gets at temperature but it still blows cold air? Did you check the coolant level (if the coolant is low, the heater core is generally the first to get empty).

I have a bluetooth obd11 reader that scans to the app on my car, whether that should work or not I'm not too sure.

Yeah that's what I mean, I will check the coolant now. I haven't checked anything as I wasnt sure what to do. Still learning stuff on my car. Never had this problem before.

Scud

Car(s)
Mkv GT Sport TDI

The coolant level was on minimum so topped it up. Hopefully that will sort it, will try it tomorrow.

Thanks

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
If you had no coolant in tank or low coolant you would have gotten a warning for that in the cluster.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
MKV TDI have a G32 sensor. VW has been using coolant level sensor for years.