GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

heated seats retrofit

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I have VCDS but dont know how to usee 100% is this easy enough to do?
Thanks

Matt
If you have a real Ross-tech VCDS and not a Chinese knock-off, you can join the ross-tech forums. I've never used VCDS but I have an OBDeleven which can do the same things, and I think most people just learn on their own. The only advice I'll give is that the first thing you learn is how to make a backup of all your modules before changing any code, in case you mess up and need to refer back to the original coding.

MattC

Car(s)
MK7 GTI
If you have a real Ross-tech VCDS and not a Chinese knock-off, you can join the ross-tech forums. I've never used VCDS but I have an OBDeleven which can do the same things, and I think most people just learn on their own. The only advice I'll give is that the first thing you learn is how to make a backup of all your modules before changing any code, in case you mess up and need to refer back to the original coding.
Yes I have the real unlimted cable that i paid a lot of money for. I will make sure I go in a do a backup of everything.

Thanks

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
in order to have a real backup you need to put back the original Climatronic panel ;)

True. I made backups of all my modules when my car was new. I was surprised when I swapped in the unit with the seat warmer buttons, the coding was identical! I did find something interesting-- the circuit boards were the same with and without seat warmers. Even the non-seat warmer control unit had the surface-mount micro-switch buttons and LEDs, but there were just plastic blanks in place of the buttons that you press, and no "windows" for the LEDs. So in reality, I could have just swapped the front faces and kept my original control unit guts installed.

Also, the unit I got off of eBay had been from a crashed car, and crash protection had been activated, so the fan would not turn on. I freaked out at first, as the crash fault could not be cleared with OBDeleven, but I was relieved to learn that just starting up the engine sends a reset signal to deactivate crash protection. 😲

MattC

Car(s)
MK7 GTI
YES YOU HAVE TO. coding/admap might be different even by little.

if there are identical it is mere luck, I would still double check.
Hey @davide.bonetti you were right coding was different on HVAC so I did connect old first and made sure I copied code over. All works well still 👍

My BCM is:

5Q0 937 084 AE
BCM MQBAB H H160124

I ordered harness from Aliexpress today.

Thanks

Matt

MattC

Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Ok mate will do....
Does that BCM code look ok to you?
VCDS on the HVAC has a checkbox for the heated seats so I am confident it should support. Not sure how deliveries are going with Aliexpress hopefully will have heated seats soon for the early morning drives to work 😉

Thanks for your help and support will be picking your brain once the cable arrives🤣

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Ok mate will do....
Does that BCM code look ok to you?
VCDS on the HVAC has a checkbox for the heated seats so I am confident it should support. Not sure how deliveries are going with Aliexpress hopefully will have heated seats soon for the early morning drives to work 😉

Thanks for your help and support will be picking your brain once the cable arrives🤣

I didn't know it gets cold in Aus? I thought it's beach weather all the time along the coastal cities.

MattC

Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Just worked out how to access fuse box just behind the

Hahah not really i live more central in Melbourne and right now it is 4 degrees outside so getting colder for sure.
[/QUOTE

Guys I am really struggling got the cable yesterday and connected everything however not able to activate with VCDS.

I am sure I am missing something.

All pins done correctly on BCM connectors and all installed but no go.

Carolco

Passed Driver's Ed
hello MattC

What AliExpress wires?

Anyone had seen that the wires of pins 5 and 8 of the 10 conector are more thick ? I think are 1.0. The others wires I think are 0.35

Last edited: