GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Headlight Issue J519

P1k1968

Car(s)
2008 GTI
I have an 08 GTI, the passenger headlight is not getting power for the low beam light.
I have the drivers side working and have switched Igniter, ballast and bulb to the passenger side; testing the pin connectors for power, there is no power on the passenger pins that have power on the drivers side.

I have a used J519, PN 3C0 937 049 AA which i believe the power for the headlights comes from. Am i correct in thinking the J519 already in the car needs to be cloned onto the "new" unit? I can't just physically switch it out, correct?

Any other trouble shooting I can try? The blinkers work, the FTP works, only the low beam does not work on the passenger side.

Andy

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
You could run an output test for for the headlights and check if power is getting out of the pin for the rt headlight at J519 to rule out its not a wiring issue. If the you need to replace the J519 and it is exactly the same module you can copy the coding and transfer to the replacement module, otherwise it a good ideal to go through every byte & bit and screenshot or write down the info to use in recoding the replacement.

P1k1968

Car(s)
2008 GTI
Thanks for the advice, I haver bought a replacement J519 from a scrapped GTI.
Do you have the pin layout of the J519? I have been unable to find with outputs are the low beams.
My thought is to have the J519 replaced and recoded, as I dont have the pin layouts.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks for the advice, I haver bought a replacement J519 from a scrapped GTI.
Do you have the pin layout of the J519? I have been unable to find with outputs are the low beams.
My thought is to have the J519 replaced and recoded, as I dont have the pin layouts.

Plug A pin 2 (A/2) on J519 provides power for the right HID which goes down to the T12 plug on T12/6 at the headlight housing

P1k1968

Car(s)
2008 GTI
I took a chance, pulled the J519 from a scrapped GTI for $10.
Was not getting power to the pin at the headlight and the wiring looked sound.

DONDIWHO

Ready to race!
Yesssss.....So when the next man has this problem he can see the problem and where the control module is.....No biggie