GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

headlight bulb replacement :: help :: not working :: thanks

peterrabbit

ima eat yo family
okay... so i'm attempting to replace my low-beam headlights -- just with a bulb with a higher temperature. easy. and it is. the left one came out with a twist. inserted new bulb. done. BUT, the other side will not come out. it seems to be stuck. has anyone had this problem?

much help would be appreciated since right now, i'm driving around with two different eyes. thanks!!

supakali

Passed Driver's Ed
I just wanted to say good luck. I felt bad that noone is replying! :frown:

grasshopper

Frankie Says Reflex
Car(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK
Aren't they H7s on the halogens? Shouldn't need to twist an H7. Just push the clip in and over and lift, then pull bulb.

I swear this is not meant sarcasticly, but did you check the manual? Aside from the parking lamp being located incorrectly (for the GTI anyway), it's pretty helpful.

peterrabbit

ima eat yo family
yeah. they're h7s. my problem is because the teeth are caught. it's not because i don't know how to take them out. it's easy. it's a twist and they're off. but one is stuck. this is what i need help with. thanks anyways.

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
I dunno what it is like in the RABBIT, but i just replaced my inner halogens in my GTI, and it took all of 3minutes. Like previous halogens on VW's, they are CLIPPED on....like (grasshopper) said, push in clip, push to side, lift, and the bulb should fall right out. and what do you mean by TWIST? you can't twist H7 bulbs, you pull the wires off, then unclip. maybe i am wrong, but i have to take a look at my buddy's rabbit and see if it is different, but i don't see it being different set up from the GTI's halogen H7s.

peterrabbit

ima eat yo family
when i took the housing out, i found that the metal connection was bent and holding the twisty thing -- preventing it from being removed. it's all taken care of. i'll post the pics in the "what mod are you working on now" thead.

thanks for the suggestions.

grasshopper

Frankie Says Reflex
Car(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK
Glad you resolved it. I think there's an old saying along the lines of "easy as changing a light bulb." Best to leave that unchallenged.