GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Head To Head: Focus ST vs. 2015 WRX( Video)

CaptObvious75

Ready to race!
It got a little slower, but they developed it while benchmarking a Porsche.

Gonna feel like your driving a totally different car than last gen

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

dtraill27

Go Kart Champion
and the boxer sound? I'm sure some aftermarket headers can bring the sound back

it'd sacrifice performance switching back to unequal length headers. They switched to equal length because of the new turbo. That said I haven't heard an exhaust clip I've been impressed with

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
new turbo is mounted underneath the motor for lower center of gravity, etc.

Calvinball

Go Kart Champion
Dat Subie is ugly I take the 2014 any day of the week. Wonder if that 6 speed makes it more gas efficient.

Dont forget the fact that the WRX has a new 2.0 liter engine instead of the 2.5. I'm sure its much more fuel efficient. That was one of the things the WRX/STI was never very good at.

The advertised numbers weren't all that much better iirc. Something like 2-3 mpg better.

It got a little slower, but they developed it while benchmarking a Porsche.

Gonna feel like your driving a totally different car than last gen

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

I'm wondering about this though. I said in the thread about this video on the subie forum that I would love to see a similar video but putting a 3rd gen and the 4th gen head to head.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Also, gotta remember, similar engine to the Forester XT with something like 1-2psi LESS boost... which means.... a simple stage 1 tune should unleash a beast.

Calvinball

Go Kart Champion
Also, gotta remember, similar engine to the Forester XT with something like 1-2psi LESS boost... which means.... a simple stage 1 tune should unleash a beast.

This. The jdm legacy with the turbo FA20 is at 296 hp. I forget what the Fozzie XT is rated at. There's definitely plenty of room for the tuners.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
indeed^...

A stage 2 will probably be quite intense. Personally, if I get one... I'd just go Stage 1 Cobb flash, tires, brakes, maybe wheels, and call it a day... lol.. maybe.

sboskov

Ready to race!
So, I love the subbies, I looked into them a lot when I was car shopping but just couldn't bring myself to own the previous models since the transmission sucked, but I'd be a little skeptical about the '15 transmission. I mean unless it's the six speed from the stis, I highly doubt I'd be interested...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

legandrex

Ready to race!
Fairly probable this will be my next car this summer or fall. I don't mind how it looks and I miss having awd. I've really enjoyed my GTI, but I like getting something different every few years. Probably will go for Harmon Kardon because my Emerson alarm clock probably has better sound quality than the standard audio. Thinking silver with a decent window tint and it will look pretty sweet.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
So, I love the subbies, I looked into them a lot when I was car shopping but just couldn't bring myself to own the previous models since the transmission sucked, but I'd be a little skeptical about the '15 transmission. I mean unless it's the six speed from the stis, I highly doubt I'd be interested...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sounds like it may not be the same one from the STI, but probably smoother - unknown on how durable/reliable vs the true STI one, so I could see that concern. But goddamn, anything would be better than the last rex 5spd, lol.

Fairly probable this will be my next car this summer or fall. I don't mind how it looks and I miss having awd. I've really enjoyed my GTI, but I like getting something different every few years. Probably will go for Harmon Kardon because my Emerson alarm clock probably has better sound quality than the standard audio. Thinking silver with a decent window tint and it will look pretty sweet.

same here on possible next car and awd, no doubt. That is hilarious on the audio shit.. they truly have the worst audio and nav shit in the business - still. But the HK may be nice - probably have to get the nav with it, right?

I like the silver a lot as well.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
haha^ yeah, saw that pretty much the day it came out, since I'm a loser and check for new vid reviews almost daily, lol.

legandrex

Ready to race!
I had the Harman Kardon on my 2009 Legacy and it sounded pretty damn good. Subwoofer set up is exactly the same as it appears in the 15 wrx. My wife had an Outback with the HK and the bass wasn't as strong due to it being a wagon. The enclosed trunk in my Legacy added some punch. Reviews so far say the nav is a joke, but I generally never need it anyway and it is bundled into HK package. Oh well. Stock 6 speaker system and head unit will not be acceptable.

Only other issue I have with car is stock 17's are not my favorite. Would be nice if it came with all seasons because I could just use them for winter and get a decent looking 18 inch wheel for summer. Brake set up is the same as the last Legacy GT and Stoptech makes a pad for the caliper so it looks like it should be able to handle mild tracking like my GTI has with a fluid and pad change.

Here is a fresh review:

http://jalopnik.com/2015-subaru-wrx-the-jalopnik-review-1515746913

Last edited: