GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Head lights are terrible

John in Anna

Car(s)
2007 GTI
I have an 07 GTI that my son give to me. The headlights are terrible. Do all 07 GTI have self leveling headlights? I have tried to adjust with little luck. It’s like they shine way up or way down with little down the road lightning. Should I just replace the entire assembly or bulbs. They have what looks like projector lenses. Great little car other than the lights. Thanks!

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
I have an 07 GTI that my son give to me. The headlights are terrible. Do all 07 GTI have self leveling headlights? I have tried to adjust with little luck. It’s like they shine way up or way down with little down the road lightning. Should I just replace the entire assembly or bulbs. They have what looks like projector lenses. Great little car other than the lights. Thanks!
Yes the original Bi-Xenon HID headlight in the GTI are self leveling. To adjust them you need to use a scan tool that can place the headlights in basic setting and then make the adjustments needed. You also want to check you do not have current issues with the complete system so you need to scan with a tool that can view those modules.. I have not idea what has been installed in your car, aftermarket junk or ?? but most people that want to upgrade the headlights on a MK5 to better lighting go with the factory HID.

John in Anna

Car(s)
2007 GTI
Yes the original Bi-Xenon HID headlight in the GTI are self leveling. To adjust them you need to use a scan tool that can place the headlights in basic setting and then make the adjustments needed. You also want to check you do not have current issues with the complete system so you need to scan with a tool that can view those modules.. I have not idea what has been installed in your car, aftermarket junk or ?? but most people that want to upgrade the headlights on a MK5 to better lighting go with the factory HID.
Thanks for the information.