GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hatch stopped working

Jacobh1498

Car(s)
2018 golf gti
Whats up everybody. I work in a auto hail shop and we currently have a 2018 gti that we removed the hatch for. The emblem on it is stuck exposing the reverse camera and the fob wont open it either. Everything is plugged in and ive tried leaving everything open with the battery unplugged and with doors closed to see if it might reset itself? No luck with either of these. All fuses are good so im at a loss for what could be the issue. Anybody had the same issue if so what did you do to fix it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 50

MagicMK

Drag Racing Champion
Whats up everybody. I work in a auto hail shop and we currently have a 2018 gti that we removed the hatch for. The emblem on it is stuck exposing the reverse camera and the fob wont open it either. Everything is plugged in and ive tried leaving everything open with the battery unplugged and with doors closed to see if it might reset itself? No luck with either of these. All fuses are good so im at a loss for what could be the issue. Anybody had the same issue if so what did you do to fix it?
If it's a 2018, then it should still be under warranty unless it's over on mileage. Why wasn't it taken to the dealership? I have a 2018 as well a 2008, btw... and the warranty on the 2018 was extra long - 60 months, bumper to bumper. I agree with GTI's, though, if you want to do it yourself, I'd start with a good scan tool. Otherwise, if the fuses are good, then those badges are, of course, on an electronic motor/servo. It may just simply be bad and need replaced.... which who knows how expensive that damn thing is, and that goes back to seeing the dealership (if under warranty).