GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hatch handle delete.. finishing issue w. paint?

penance

Fakinsupa
Car(s)
GTI
So I had my rear hatch door handle cut out and filled in. For the first 2 weeks I thought it was done amazingly well, but it was overcast/raining w. a somewhat dirty car most the time.

Now that the sun is shining and I'm giving her a good soaping, I can see that there is a noticeable ring on the door that is visible when viewing at an angle. Looks overly-glossed or ghosting - reflections in sunlight react differently on the cut line ring (not in the middle blank). Can't really see anything face on.

I'm planning on taking it back to the shop next week; just wondered if anyone can provide insight into why it looks like that before then?

What could be the cause?

I'll try to add a picture tonight, if it will show up in one.

goneD4rk

Banned
go to detail man and have it buffed to match old paint

penance

Fakinsupa
Car(s)
GTI
Pics today didn't turn out - will try again tomorrow. I think you are right Elliott, bad blend. Under the right light it looks like a water ring you'd get from a wet glass on a table.

I did the delete for about $150-200 labour.... Prep and paint was covered by insurance, since the car that hit me messed up my rear. Hatch door was bent in on bottom left, and dented in middle.

Not sure how buffing would work, whole door was painted new so I can't match to old.

Sent from my iPad using Crapatalk