GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Has anyone ever ordered from europeanplates.com?

mach5

you are next
I placed an order with them back on January 31 and have waited patiently for them to make and send my custom German number plate.

Their website says that it can take up to 13 business days to complete and ship an order, that's fine I know it takes time.

My complaint is that I emailed them twice before today asking about the status of my order. They never wrote back. I called them to ask about the status of my order...all you get is a recording that says they do not answer the phone and to email them, that all emails are answered within 24 hours. (no they aren't)

They take their payments through paypal, I got a receipt from paypal...but not once have europeanplates.com emailed me anything...Usually when you place an order whatever company emails you with a confirmation/thank you/receipt/etc of some sort...

I just sent another email asking about the status of my order and will wait to see if they write back...I don't think they will.

Has anyone ordered from them before? If so, did you experience any problems?

JonTewks

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
I've never ordered from them, but I have from customeuropeanplates.com, and have been happy twice. If it doesn't work out with europeanplates, i recommend the customeuropeanplates.

mach5

you are next
i have, i think it took way longer then 13 days. I remember i forgot i even bought it it took so long, but it got to me...

edit: they did email me with a confirmation, paypal invoice, picture of the plate, and a shipment email...

The email confirmation, did they send that pretty quickly after your order?

If they don't write me back and answer the email I sent today I am going to email them one more time and tell them that I am going to have to request a refund through paypal and let them take care of it.

Hkysk8r07

Banned
Car(s)
07 reflex silver gti
i ordered from europeanplates.com/.net (same place) and never had any problems. i got confirmation email and even talked with one of the guys there through email while it was being made(he really liked my plate idea)

mach5

you are next
I have sent emails to info@europeanplates.com (3x), sales@europeanplates.com, and orders@europeanplates.com....no response at all to any of them.

I am going to give them a couple days to respond to the most recent email (2-27), if they don't answer I will write one more to them and explain how if they do not respond I am going to have to request a refund...if they still don't respond I will just have to turn it in to paypal.

The thing is...I shouldn't really have to write to them so many times simply to ask for a status. I mean, I do realize that it takes some time to make the thing, but seriously...not having any contact at all with a customer who has already made his payment. It's just not very good customer service. And it's really frustrating to have to resort to calling only to have a recording tell you that they do not answer phone calls!

mach5

you are next
I should have done this earlier, but I went to BBB online and just found out they have an unsatisfactory record with 28 processed complaints in the last 36 months.

I also found another phone number for them that isn't listed on their website...I will be calling it tomorrow.

Ballinfrogs

Go Kart Champion
I ordered about a month and a half ago, and I just got mine yesterday....without the decal either...pretty gay

mach5

you are next
I just sent another set of emails to them telling them that I am pretty frustrated at their lack of customer service and that they have 24 hours to respond to my email (according to their recording they respond to all emails in 24 hours) after that I will turn it in to paypal to arrange a refund.

I did a google search on the company and have found a handful of forums where people have had the exact same problems.

Anyway, I have already placed an order with another company and not only have I been sent a receipt and an invoice (without having to ask), but they have already made it and sent it on its way to me...complete with a tracking number. It should be here Monday.

http://www.mattman-enterprises.com/

The plate with custom lettering was only $15.25. Best price I have seen.

mach5

you are next
Well, guess what?

They didn't respond at all! :thumbdown: Big surprise there.

I have opened an "Item not received" dispute with paypal and explained everything that has happened. Now it's up to europeanplates.com to respond to that. Doubt they will.

I hope they do because I don't want to have to file a complaint with the BBB also.

mach5

you are next
I found europeanplates.com profile on Vortex and sent an IM explaining that I have been emailing for the past three weeks and had to turn it in to paypal.

Also found a bunch of other forums where people seem to have this same exact problem, or they just keep getting the run around from them.

Sometimes someone from the store comes on to defend themselves and say pretty much the same thing in every thread, "errors happen, things get backed up, there must have been some mistake, we've been in business for a while and deal in very high volume so it probably got backed up" etc

...while I understand that mistakes can happen, it's just a little odd that the same exact mistake seems to happen all too often to a large number of people...and that still is not an excuse for taking a customer's money and having no contact with them at all. Especially the whole not answering the phone thing. :mad: