GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hardwiring a radar detector

vwboyatl

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
I had a 03 beetle that I hardwired a radar detector into the map light on. it was really nice because it would come on when I started the car and turn off when I left it. I found the DIY on an old forum a while back and it just hardwired directly into the harness for the map light. Does anyone know how to do this in the new GTI or how to disassemble the overhead console so I can gain access to the harness. And no lectures on how you shouldn't hard wire shit into your electricals. :bs:

Thanks!

kidkusu

My other ride is a UH-60
I think bell tronicks makes a radar detector that yuo can mount on the outside of you car like in the grill and then you can conviently hide the display lights and warning beeper so that in states like Virgina where radar detectors are illegal, you wont get cought. http://www.beltronics.com/radardetectors.html they are a bit pricy but shit it is worth it if the state will confiscate you car or put you in jail if they see one in your window, Not to mention those assholes that reak your window just to steal shit.