GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Haldex set to increased traction.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
You can't increase the power to the rear wheels with coding. You might be able to set it to engage the rear wheels on decel but it does that by itself under the right conditions.

Last edited:

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Ya, not sure what the hell this guy is talking about, seems like he doesn't know either.

Schnell_R

Ready to race!
Ya, not sure what the hell this guy is talking about, seems like he doesn't know either.

I'll try to splain it to you. There is a setting in the all wheel control unit 22.

Adaptation, Acoustic measure, wiring logic. Standard, Increased traction, Reduced noises are the options you can choose.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
I'll buy on a gti with limited slip. It's not popular with the R, for obvious reasons imo

Ok bud, ya just didn't post any info, initially

Schnell_R

Ready to race!
Liked I said, just wanted to see if anyone else has tried the setting. I ran live data to see what was going on but to be honest I don't have a clue what I was looking at... Haldex clutch pump voltage, Haldex clutch pump PWM signal and Haldex pump current were just some of the things you could view in live data.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Gotcha, I'd just assume if it was worth anything at all (on the R/s3) the tuning companies would have been all over it, by now. But who knows, if ya track it and can compare lap times that'd be helpful, guess otherwise I'm gun-shy about changing that kinda stuff as I personally haven't had a need/want on mine worthy of whatever possible risk there may be, without others being the beta/test group first :)

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Is there an aftermarket Haldex controller available for the MK7 yet? I remember HPA (and I'm sure a few other companies) offers a performance oriented Haldex controller for the MK6 R.

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
Has anyone applied these setting to their R? I used the OBD11 to change mine and so far I'm liking the change.
I'm planning to test this out at Daytona 24 Rolex course at the end of the month. I'll keep you posted.
Check this thread out if you guys haven't already...

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34132

There's a change to increased traction for the GTI's that DOES help with more aggressively ramping up the VAQ diff. There's a similar setting as discussed later in the thread that helps Golf R owners get some extra traction.
Thank you for the link; I'll test this out later this month.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Schnell_R

Ready to race!
I did this tweak on my R for a little while to test it out. I Definitely felt a definite improvement in the way the haldex engaged.

Did you feel any change in the steering feel? I run comfort setting for steering and was running the xds set at medium when I first made the change and noticed right away that the steering was stiffer. Since then I returned xds to standard and steering returned back to normal feel.