GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

H2SPORT Cam Follower kit finally installed!!! Really awesome!!! Pics included!!!

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
After the first month , we started CC'ing our customers on the emails between us & H2Sport to show customers we were keeping them in the loop with respect to there orders. I would send an email every Monday morning & Thursday afternoon (or whenever I remembered too) and 2 sometimes 3 weeks would go by without a response, when we did get a response it was not very helpful with the progress of our parts.
That being said , I will begin manufacturing our own kit this week, just waiting to hear back on the springs for the pump and then we are good.

Keep me posted and let me know when you are ready.

TypeR_126

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
:thumbsup: I'd also be interested in a replacement solution.

Nataraki

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'92 BMW 318i
count me in as well!

twocati

My 2008 2.0T BPY has this issue at 116,000km dealer serviced :

Again NO MIL.

This is exactly as described in the TSB for the 2.0Ts with the "A" camshaft....seems the "B" is not much better..I was told my year was immune to this issue...My engine is completely stock other than the lowest GIAC flash (done by the dealer).

If they refuse to pay for all labor and parts 100% , I'm going with the roller.

arj116

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 GTI DSG
My apr hpfp shit the bed.
I have the h2sport cam fix. I bought my hpfp and camfollower from h2sport/georgetown vw in Canada. I paid the extra money and bought the new pump as opposed to rebuilt.
So $2600 CAD later I was a happy pappy.
Had pump done end of april/13 and it died mid november. I called vw and they gave me the run around. First their "apr tech" was ill...ok fine...then they tell me they are going to charge me labour to re n re the pump which should be warranty. Luckily I had my stock hpfp so k n h rad hooked it up with the install. I called apr in the states and I kept getting the same arrogant douche who kept telling me its h2sports fault. Finally I got a new apr rep who told me that there is a cdn distributor for apr stuff. They are called concept1. And low and behold one phone call later I ship my pump out they inspect it and they are blaming the damage on h2sport roller...WTF really? Wasnt the point of the fix to eliminate this shit in the first place? Needless to say they are going to send me a rebuilt pump. And they said if the same thing happens again im SOL. And if this garbage over hyped pos pump dies...I am going to buy the autotec...who knew after spending 2600 dollars id get the shaft like this. uploadfromtaptalk1400594960633.jpguploadfromtaptalk1400595002472.jpg

tippity tappity talkin'

RRacerguy717

Go Kart Champion
I have the h2sport cam fix. I bought my hpfp and camfollower from h2sport/georgetown vw in Canada. I paid the extra money and bought the new pump as opposed to rebuilt.
Had pump done end of april/13 and it died mid november. I called vw and they gave me the run around. First their "apr tech" was ill...ok fine...then they tell me they are going to charge me labour to re n re the pump which should be warranty. Luckily I had my stock hpfp so k n h rad hooked it up with the install. I called apr in the states and I kept getting the same arrogant douche who kept telling me its h2sports fault. Finally I got a new apr rep who told me that there is a cdn distributor for apr stuff. They are called concept1. And low and behold one phone call later I ship my pump out they inspect it and they are blaming the damage on h2sport roller...WTF really? Wasnt the point of the fix to eliminate this shit in the first place? Needless to say they are going to send me a rebuilt pump. And they said if the same thing happens again im SOL. And if this garbage over hyped pos pump dies...I am going to buy the autotec...who knew after spending 2600 dollars id get the shaft like this. View attachment 93956View attachment 93957

tippity tappity talkin'
This is the first ive heard of any failure with H2sport roller setup.

Looks like your edge of the tip is chewed in one pic and not in another pic , def looks like your pump seize up from all your pic's.

Did you mistakenly over rev it ? Like when down shifting ? Im curious lmk thanks Bob G

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Had pump done end of april/13 and it died mid november. I called vw and they gave me the run around. First their "apr tech" was ill...ok fine...then they tell me they are going to charge me labour to re n re the pump which should be warranty. Luckily I had my stock hpfp so k n h rad hooked it up with the install. I called apr in the states and I kept getting the same arrogant douche who kept telling me its h2sports fault. Finally I got a new apr rep who told me that there is a cdn distributor for apr stuff. They are called concept1. And low and behold one phone call later I ship my pump out they inspect it and they are blaming the damage on h2sport roller...WTF really? Wasnt the point of the fix to eliminate this shit in the first place? Needless to say they are going to send me a rebuilt pump. And they said if the same thing happens again im SOL. And if this garbage over hyped pos pump dies...I am going to buy the autotec...who knew after spending 2600 dollars id get the shaft like this.

tippity tappity talkin'

Wonder why you got excessive wear over such a short period? Do you keep your oil topped? Although H2 is no longer around it would be nice to determine the cause.

socalhatch

Don't panic it's organic
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Wonder why you got excessive wear over such a short period? Do you keep your oil topped? Although H2 is no longer around it would be nice to determine the cause.

Right ... I have this on my car and have always been a tad worried but I top off my oil probably too much and keep it right at max

penance

Fakinsupa
Car(s)
GTI
I called apr in the states and I kept getting the same arrogant douche who kept telling me its h2sports fault. Finally I got a new apr rep who told me that there is a cdn distributor for apr stuff. They are called concept1. And low and behold one phone call later I ship my pump out they inspect it and they are blaming the damage on h2sport roller...WTF really? Wasnt the point of the fix to eliminate this shit in the first place? Needless to say they are going to send me a rebuilt pump. And they said if the same thing happens again im SOL. And if this garbage over hyped pos pump dies...I am going to buy the autotec...who knew after spending 2600 dollars id get the shaft like this.
tippity tappity talkin'

From my APR rep dealings.. I would have never mentioned the H2Sport kit. Just play dumb and say it was oem cam follower. :frown:

arj116

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 GTI DSG
I am very anal with my oil. Everytime I fill gas incheck my oil and top up if needed be.

Either way im sick of apr as a whole.
@issam...georgetown vw wont own upto it...I know this... I never over reved the engine. Based on my dyno graph the car doesnt make power over 5700. So 6k was my shift point. And I cant really over rev the car because its dsg.

tippity tappity talkin'

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I exchanged emails with Issam on June 19th and he said they would be releasing it mid July. I have not heard anything since. Needless to say it is not quite mid July but almost. Hopefully we will hear something soon.