GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

H&R Super sports with ET35?

Hayden

Love/Hate Relationship
Car(s)
2016 GTI
So yes i have searched till I'm blue in the face...
I have koni str.t with h&r super sport springs, and I'm looking to get 18" ET 35 wheels. The only thing holding me back is the offset on OEM is 51 which seems like a big change to me.
If i put them on 225/40/18's would I get any rubbing? I'm afraid to order them and have the wheel not spin.

ik1015

beeee patient ^^
Car(s)
GLI
I had Ohlins damper+super sport+18×8.5×et38+225/40 tires and zero rubbing.

blkmaggtsp74

Ready to race!
I don't know how stiff those srt's are but...i had super sports with stock shocks for a while with 18x8 et35 225/40 and some minor rub with passengers. Then same stuff with bilstein b8's and have zero rub. Oh and some tires run wider than others so try and search for that too. Hope that helps

kylewatts

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 gti
i had 18x8 et 35 with super sports...rubbed like hell

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
So yes i have searched till I'm blue in the face...
I have koni str.t with h&r super sport springs, and I'm looking to get 18" ET 35 wheels. The only thing holding me back is the offset on OEM is 51 which seems like a big change to me.
If i put them on 225/40/18's would I get any rubbing? I'm afraid to order them and have the wheel not spin.

Wheel will spin, rubbing "may" come from tire contacting fender or fender liner during suspenion travel (going over bumps, dips, hard turns) If it happens it will probably be slight and there are things you can do do fix it.

The edge of the tire is out about 29mm over stock and first point of contact will be fender or fender liner. Have a look at the MKV FITMENT GUIDE