GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Not much love for the long guns around these parts.

View attachment 206823
Nice looking range!!!

Pretty sure we like the long guns here too

7640A495-7FF8-49CD-8EC7-A2EEF80040A0.jpeg
40th BD present to myself. Was going to treat myself to a 1911 for my 45th last month, but I didn’t want to pay the current premium.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Nice looking range!!!

View attachment 20682440th BD present to myself. Was going to treat myself to a 1911 for my 45th last month, but I didn’t want to pay the current premium.

It’s my friend’s club, only goes to 600yrd. Was verifying load data in the .260 (chassis rifle on right). And zeroing the AR after the build. Burned 40rds and am very happy with the 6ARC... except that I now only have 160rds of that rare ass shit.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Not much love for the long guns around these parts.

View attachment 206823

Nice looking range!!!

View attachment 20682440th BD present to myself. Was going to treat myself to a 1911 for my 45th last month, but I didn’t want to pay the current premium.

Much long gun love here! Does my AR10 fall into that category? lol.....nice .30-.30! I have an 1894 that is my favorite brush gun.....but dang is the ammo expensive!

Just moved so I'll get a pick of mine here shortly.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Much long gun love here! Does my AR10 fall into that category? lol.....nice .30-.30! I have an 1894 that is my favorite brush gun.....but dang is the ammo expensive!

Just moved so I'll get a pick of mine here shortly.

It's .357, so ammo is, or at least was, reasonably inexpensive. I've only ever fed 38 FMJ through it and never had a problem. It's a fun plinker.

You can find stuff at MSRP. That's what I paid for my most recent acquisition.

I'm sure if you look, but most of the local fun shops only had higher end pieces. I was looking for a Dan Wesson, and they were somewhat rare to begin with.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
It's .357, so ammo is, or at least was, reasonably inexpensive. I've only ever fed 38 FMJ through it and never had a problem. It's a fun plinker.

I'm sure if you look, but most of the local fun shops only had higher end pieces. I was looking for a Dan Wesson, and they were somewhat rare to begin with.
I got mine on gunbroker. In fact I got all of my guns there but two. Only bought one in person in a store.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
You guys should check armslist it’s often way cheaper than gunbroker. Some of the sellers list their numbers and you can hammer out a better deal that way as well.
Yup...I've used this several times for selling and buying before VA enacted crazy laws

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Yup...I've used this several times for selling and buying before VA enacted crazy laws
Can’t stand the 3% card fees, state taxes on net items, high shipping fees and all the other fees baked into gb. What seems like a good deal quickly turns into above msrp on used stuff.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
So I'm thinking about swapping things up a bit. I have an FN FiveseveN that I do love, however I have barely shot it due to never finding ammo. It's been almost a year since I have found ammo in store and online the 5.7x28 round is creeping to $3 a round if you find it. So I found a buyer that is willing to give my asking price. Enter the new contender. For basically the asking price for the 57, ammo, laser and holster, I can get an FN FNX45 tactical in FDE. 45 ammo is normally available almost anywhere. So what's your thoughts? Do the "trade" for the 45, or keep the 5.7 and save up for the 45.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
So I'm thinking about swapping things up a bit. I have an FN FiveseveN that I do love, however I have barely shot it due to never finding ammo. It's been almost a year since I have found ammo in store and online the 5.7x28 round is creeping to $3 a round if you find it. So I found a buyer that is willing to give my asking price. Enter the new contender. For basically the asking price for the 57, ammo, laser and holster, I can get an FN FNX45 tactical in FDE. 45 ammo is normally available almost anywhere. So what's your thoughts? Do the "trade" for the 45, or keep the 5.7 and save up for the 45.
I say drop it like a bad habit. Pick up the FN in .45....you get back into a normal caliber and pick up a holster and laser. These are toys....you enjoy them, but then you trade and play with a different one.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Can’t stand the 3% card fees, state taxes on net items, high shipping fees and all the other fees baked into gb. What seems like a good deal quickly turns into above msrp on used stuff.
Unfortunately I have to pay CA state tax regardless. They check during the transfer.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Unfortunately I have to pay CA state tax regardless. They check during the transfer.
I thought even Nerf guns were illegal there

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Newsom would have a woke stroke if he saw what average grandmas own here in the South 😂
same here in VA....don't believe what the map looks like

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car

I love gunbroker, been making a mint off dirty AF Federal M855 I bought cheap when Hillary lost. I picked my last M1 Carbine, a beautiful DCS rifle, because the seller doesn’t know how to list shit. Having no transfer fees helps too.

CA.. lol, I spent a year or so buying AKs, slapping a $15 “bullet button” on the mag catch, then selling for an obscene profit because many won’t bother shipping to CA.

Armslist is meh. People are mostly loony tunes on there now.

I get some amazing steals off Aaaaaaaasarrrrff.com. The folks there just piss away good used gear. Picked up a fresh ACOG TA01NSN for $800.

For good glass cheap, can’t beat the hide when some new unobtanium scope is dropped.