GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Looks like my AR10 is over gassed. Going to try a stiffer buffer and spring from primaryarms before I go the adjustable gas block route. Pic shows the jamming result that happened twice during firing 20 rounds
76F03DF9-2403-44F9-83A7-E5C7AB25649E.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
The difference between standard and HEAVY buffer and spring for an AR10... heavy is the silver...
82DA42DD-62F4-4F48-84B4-24F23E21E54D.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Beju

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit Ed.
Time to break out Springfield's Hellcat design memo again:

Attachments

• 2019-09-25_12.05.07.jpg
    2019-09-25_12.05.07.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 170

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GSX-Rs
Made in Croatia?
HS has manufactured a few of SA's pistols..XDs, etc.
It was my understanding that Springfield Armory designed the Hellcat and had HS produce it. I didn't find anything that stated otherwise.
Pretty sure my old [school] carry gun wasn't manufactured in Croatia....
20200825_001156.jpg

.45 ACP Ultra Compact, 7+1 via Kimber mags. And they talk about the Hellcat having "snappy" recoil...🤪

Last edited:

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
HS has manufactured a few of SA's pistols..XDs, etc.
It was my understanding that Springfield Armory designed the Hellcat and had HS produce it. I didn't find anything that stated otherwise.
Pretty sure my old [school] carry gun wasn't manufactured in Croatia....
View attachment 184074
.45 ACP Ultra Compact, 7+1 via Kimber mags. And they talk about the Hellcat having "snappy" recoil...🤪

Lol. Gotta wear thick gloves to make sure that baby doesn't go flying after each shot.

Beju

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit Ed.
Didn't know that.
Yes, even their signature products like the M1A and 1911s have components largely made by outside suppliers. I've heard Wilson and/or Criterion for M1A barrels, and various other manufacturers for other components, including some in Canada, Korea, Taiwan. Their 1911 frames used to be made by Imbel in Brazil, but have supposedly switched to a US manufacturer.

There's probably still a fair bit of fitting done by SA due to the nature of each weapon and the eras in which they were designed, while the XDs are just straight up produced by HS Produkt in Croatia.