anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Just testing stuff out. The compensator actually works.

Also tested out the 7.62x39 10 round mags I modified for use with my 6.5 Grendel "Vepr". They work just fine with Barnaul ammo.

Attachments

• 20200709_173913.jpg
    20200709_173913.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 187
  • 20200611_191401.jpg
    20200611_191401.jpg
    871.2 KB · Views: 165
  • 20200411_201658.jpg
    20200411_201658.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 158

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
No, I take random pics of toy Marlins and AKs at my house and pass them off as real. Here's a toy 1911 for ya.

Had two 1911's when I was much younger, like 45 years ago. One was a collectible made during WWII by Remington Rand and the other a modern Colt. Traded for a Smith Model 59 for the higher capacity when they first came out.

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GSX-Rs
I recently purchased a threaded barrel protector from an Amazon.com seller.
Nice, well made quality part.
I had read some reviews prior to my purchase, most were positive.
Being as the maker/seller is here in USA, I tried to do my due diligence by posting a positive review about the product, with a couple of photos of the item installed.
Other reviewers has previously done this, I was simply following suit.
Here's the rub, the Amazon Community review team rejected my review.
Hello,

We encourage reviews and images on Amazon, both positive and negative. However, the image on your review “titled Good knurl for 1/2 x 28 Barrel Thread Protector 9mm Black Oxide doesn’t comply with our guidelines.

Your image includes Guns and Firearms. We restrict Guns and Firearms content because audiences within our Community may be sensitive to that content.

For more information about acceptable image content, see the Sharing Your Own Customer Images page:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-images/customer-image-guidelines.html

I hope this helps
Best regards,
Mhar V.
Amazon.com

Imo, totally ludicrous for several reasons..
Guidelines say nothing about guns or firearm restrictions.
They sell gun and firearm acessories on Amazon.
There are untold numbers of reviews of said acessories, tools, etc. posted on Amazon.com with photos of these items installed, used or otherwise with guns or firearms.

Tl;dr 🤪
Picture submitted with my positive review:
20200629_123401.jpg

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Had two 1911's when I was much younger, like 45 years ago. One was a collectible made during WWII by Remington Rand and the other a modern Colt. Traded for a Smith Model 59 for the higher capacity when they first came out.

I can't stop loving the 1911 trigger mechanism. I have a CZ 9mm with one of the best out of the box triggers, but it still is not as good as the 1911 trigger. 1911 is what I carry, even though it has lower capacity than its 9mm counterpart.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
Being as the maker/seller is here in USA, I tried to do my due diligence by posting a positive review about the product, with a couple of photos of the item installed.

There are untold numbers of reviews of said acessories, tools, etc. posted on Amazon.com with photos of these items installed, used or otherwise with guns or firearms.

Tl;dr 🤪

Wow that's ridiculous. Amazon is convenient but I try not to buy stuff on there anymore. Reminds me of people selling "spice grinders" and Karen got mad because she thought it was actually a spice grinder.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

Tl;dr 🤪
View attachment 179259

I've seen more gun pictures on Amazon in the past two weeks than ever before. The hell is up their asses?

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GSX-Rs
Wow that's ridiculous. Amazon is convenient but I try not to buy stuff on there anymore. Reminds me of people selling "spice grinders" and Karen got mad because she thought it was actually a spice grinder.
I need to wean myself from buying from them, especially after I read about their 10 million dollar riot support donation. It's tough though with the fast shipping and easy returns w/prime.
I buy some vinyl records there from time to time and chances are the LPs are bad pressings or the center hole is off or too large, etc. Whole plethora of defects possible in that arena.

Btw, I wrote back and suggested they post my review or remove ALL the gun related items they sell and the associated reviews. 🤪

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GSX-Rs
As a Russian that had two of his great-grandfathers fall in battle during the War, I have to say I like the lower right one. Fire away.
RIP warriors!
Trying to be creative painting the dull black steel.
Sidebar - Grandfather, my namesake, 10th Mountain Div. gave all @ Mt. Belvedere in northern Italy, 1945.

Another plinker.....HK pistol version.
20200718_223057.jpg

Though they have practically no parts in common with the AR platform, these H&K reps are just fun [and inexpensive] to practice with.

A few goodies for it are on the way. 😎

More targets online...
20200718_210450.jpg

Home on the range....😋

Last edited:

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Got a new one a few months ago, 5R. 308 with 10 round detachable mags.

20200201_153626.jpg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Sidebar - Grandfather, my namesake, 10th Mountain Div. gave all @ Mt. Belvedere in northern Italy, 1945.

Nice! Grandfather was 3rd Army coming up from Africa through Italy, racing Monte, under Patton.

All of those weapons above are gorgeous! I need some metal plinkers that can handle .308, so that's a good motivator right there.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
New to this, what’s a good site to sell a firearm? Seems like more marketplace type sites it’s forbidden even if you require to meet at a FFL.