GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
these are 5.7 x 28 rounds for a fn 5.7 and the ps90. These specific rounds are from vanguard outfitters. They have a velocity of around 2000fps out of the 5.7 pistol, a 40 grain solid copper projectile that is devastating to lvl 3a soft armor.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Got my 509T in the other day. Picture is grainy because the room is dark. I've been doing a lot of dry firing with it and man, do those 24 round mags make it easy to grip when reloading. Also the trigger is super heavy but i'm hoping it'll break in over time, if not i'll just get an apex trigger for it. After I stock up on ammo and some other gear i'll probably buy a solvent trap and form 1 a dedicated can for it.
Lovin the sight.....

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2011 GTI
Lovin the sight.....
Thanks, it's a Burris Fastfire 3 I had left over from when I bought my scope for my AR. I like it but i'll only be using it on competition guns and i'm gonna get a shake awake one for my carry gun. I just need to figure out if I am able to carry this legally because CT is dumb af and hates threaded barrels.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Thanks, it's a Burris Fastfire 3 I had left over from when I bought my scope for my AR. I like it but i'll only be using it on competition guns and i'm gonna get a shake awake one for my carry gun. I just need to figure out if I am able to carry this legally because CT is dumb af and hates threaded barrels.
My EDC is a S&W shield .40 and anything other than iron sights wouldn't fit in my crossbreed holster or kydex IWB, so no EDC sights for me, outside of truglow

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2011 GTI
The day has finally come. Got my lower back from engraving and built it today. Charging handle is going to get switched out eventually and I gotta file down a sharp edge on the pistol grip. Also my suppressor mount is fucked up so I gotta email silencerco and hopefully get a new one because it wobbles a lot more than it should.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
For someone looking to apply for their first tax stamp(G17 SBR), where would one look for direction when it comes to filling out the necessary paperwork?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
For someone looking to apply for their first tax stamp(G17 SBR), where would one look for direction when it comes to filling out the necessary paperwork?
ATF site

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2011 GTI
Is it a form 4 or form 1?

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Is it a form 4 or form 1?
So that depends. Are you buying or making an SBR?

•ATF F 5320.1 (Form 1) — Application to make and Register a Firearm ( as if to make an SBR)
•ATF F 5320.4 (Form 4) — Application For Tax Paid Transfer and Registration of Firearm (buying an SBR and buying a silencer)

When filling out the Form 1, you need to know the OAL (overall length) of the completed SBR. I had a cool little trick for calculating the length when it comes to AR SBRs, then I saw it was for a Glock.

Another thing- once a pistol becomes a rifle, it is now a rifle. It cannot go back! So you can't sell it as a Glock anymore. It's forever an SBR, and can only be sold on a Form 4. You can't sell the stock as an accessory and the Glock as a pistol. The ATF will have your ass, and you could go to jail for a very long time.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2011 GTI
Another thing- once a pistol becomes a rifle, it is now a rifle. It cannot go back! So you can't sell it as a Glock anymore. It's forever an SBR, and can only be sold on a Form 4. You can't sell the stock as an accessory and the Glock as a pistol. The ATF will have your ass, and you could go to jail for a very long time.
From my understanding and what i've seen other people said is if it started off as a rifle, it can't become a pistol. But if it started as a pistol, then you can make it a rifle, and also go back to a pistol if wanted.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
I've done a little more research and am leaning towards eForm 1.

Conversion back and forth isn't a concern, I purchased an extra G17 for this purpose. Also, thanks to HR218, I can continue to keep the SBR after retirement.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2011 GTI
I've done a little more research and am leaning towards eForm 1.

Conversion back and forth isn't a concern, I purchased an extra G17 for this purpose. Also, thanks to HR218, I can continue to keep the SBR after retirement.
Definitely do an eForm 1, mine came back in a month and it really wasn't hard. I did my own prints and took my own passport photos so the only cost was the actual stamp itself. Start here --> https://eforms.atf.gov/

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2011 GTI
Anyone here into long range shooting? I'm probably gonna start doing it in the near future and was curious what people here were running if they do. I'm thinking a Bergara B-14 HMR in 6.5CM and either a Gen 2 Razor or a 5-30 Leica optic

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Anyone here into long range shooting? I'm probably gonna start doing it in the near future and was curious what people here were running if they do. I'm thinking a Bergara B-14 HMR in 6.5CM and either a Gen 2 Razor or a 5-30 Leica optic

I shoot long range mostly..

Current PRS comp rifle is a Savage 12lrp .260rem, Area419 hellfire brake, MDT LSS chassis, 20moa Rail, Bushnell DMRII, and some other bips and bops.

6.5CM is a bit brotastic for my taste, and the .260 is smoother feeding... but it’s a great round with a huge following.

I read good things about the Bergara rifles, no hands on withone though.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I don't have an interest in buying one, but it's new and somewhat interesting. You would get to see how strong you arm is. A long time ago I attended an Army weapons demonstration that included prototype handguns. One was a 4-barrel 12-guage pistol. It had a rotating firing pin like some early pocket guns. An expert was firing it by bracing it against his hip. Even he couldn't control it, every time he pulled the trigger the recoil rolled it off his leg. This would work great for the intimidation factor and could work well with low recoil or mini-shells.

https://woobox.com/538xmk?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhIqBwd_F6QIVZK-BCh19zQAuEAEYASAAEgLNL_D_BwE